Instant Pot Bacon-y Green Beans & Mushrooms
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday... It's when my mom makes the best roast lamb that I look forward to all. year. long. Yet, Thanksgiving dinner wouldn't be complete without a steaming dish of Bacon-y, Mushroom-y Green Beans either -- and now this recipe is adapted to the Instant Pot! Serves 4 to 6.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cleaned and trimmed (while fresh green beans are best, frozen will work in a pinch)
- 6 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Place green beans in inner pot of pressure cooker.
- Add enough water to barely cover the beans.
- Put on the lid of your cooker, checking that the seals and all components are in good shape, including being in the sealing position.
- If using an electric cooker, set to high for 1 to 2 minutes (fresh green beans) or 3 to 4 minutes (frozen green beans).
- If using a stove-top cooker, bring to high pressure and maintain pressure for a cook time of 1 to 2 minutes (fresh green beans) or 3 to 4 minutes (frozen green beans).
- Once cycle is complete, if using an electric cooker, hit the Cancel button to turn off the heat.
- With a stove-top cooker, remove from heat.
- Place a towel over the pressure release knob and allow pot to do a quick pressure release.
- When pressure is released, open lid.
- Drain green beans into a colander.
- Set aside.
- Turn pressure cooker to Saute function, or put stove-top cooker over medium heat.
- Add bacon.
- Let fat render.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Add mushrooms a little later, in time for them to get soft, but before bacon is too crispy.
- Once bacon is crispy, onions are translucent, and mushrooms are soft, either turn your electric cooker off or remove stove-top cooker from heat.
- Add green beans back to the cooker, splash with vinegar and stir to combine.
- Season to taste. Enjoy!
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS at https://traditionalcookingschool.com/food-preparation/instant-pot-green-beans-bacon-mushrooms/