Think you don't have enough time for sourdough? Think again. All you need are these special “no-wait” sourdough recipes. You'll go from starter to served in about a half hour. No waiting for dough to sour or ferment because the starter has already taken care of that. And… these are easy recipes, too!
I've got 4 no-wait sourdough recipes for you today. Plus, a listener question and the tip of the week!
Won't play for you? Try here. Mobile or desktop users, you can hear my podcast with Stitcher, on-demand and on-the-go. (What's Stitcher?) You can also get it on iTunes or subscribe in the Podcasts app.
Tip of the Week:
Tracey's family recovered quickly from terrible coughs by consuming these homemade Vitamin C gummies. Check out the full recipe here.
Today's question comes from Sarah in Vermont. Sarah (via voicemail) asked what to do about her sourdough starter that got forgotten while she was ill.
My answer is in today's podcast.
Why No-Wait Sourdough?
- It's healthy — the starter takes care of fermenting the flour for nutrition and digestion. (No need to wait because you're not adding additional flour, therefore no additional souring time.)
- It's easy — just combine your sourdough starter with the rest of the ingredients and bake!
- It's delicious — pancakes, crepes, waffles, and baked pies (aka Impossible Pie). All of these can be served sweet or savory, turning them into breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, or dessert.
No-Wait Sourdough Links and Recipes Mentioned
- Original No-Wait Sourdough article
- Free Sourdough Starter instructions
- Sourdough A to Z eBook
- Traditional Cooking School (for Sourdough eCourse)
- Fluffy Sourdough Pancakes
- Sourdough Waffles
- Sourdough Crepes
- Sourdough Impossible Pie — in Sourdough A to Z eBook or Traditional Cooking School's Sourdough eCourse
I'm so grateful when you visit my show on iTunes and leave a rating and/or review! KnowYourFoodPodcast.com/iTunes This helps me make my podcast better and also helps others find it. Thank you! For past or current episodes, check out the Know Your Food with Wardee podcast archives.
Anything to Add?
I would love to hear from you! Do you have questions for me, or comments about anything shared in this episode? What surprising uses for the crockpot would you add?
Like this podcast? Please help me reach others by using the share buttons at the top of this post. Thanks!
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).