This salad is delicious, flexible, and easy. And it's really refreshing on 100 degree days, or even mild spring days. I served it on a bed of tender salad greens, with a generously buttered piece of sourdough bread. The added lacto-fermented salsa (given to us by Christina) confers many probiotic benefits and makes the salad taste amazing. I added diced raw cheese for beneficial organisms, too. Enjoy!
Probiotic Chicken Salad
- leftover chicken, about 2 cups — crockpot chicken is always moist and tender
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup lacto-fermented salsa
- 1/4 cup of diced raw cheese (I used queso fresco)
- few tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh herbs — parsley and cilantro are my favorites
- generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- splash of raw apple cider vinegar or coconut vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Toss all together in a bowl. Chill or serve immediately. You can also make chicken salad with lacto-fermented mayonnaise instead of salsa for the same benefit and great taste.
Other Ideas Probiotic Lunch Ideas
- Egg salad or salmon salad sandwiches (using LF mayo and/or raw cheese)
- Erin's sprouted lentil slaw using my soft raw cheese salad dressing and/or cubed of raw cheese
- Pickled salmon (pictured, from Nourishing Traditions page 241) with sprouted crackers and raw cheese
- a side of any lacto-fermented chutney, relish, or pickles
What Ideas Do You Have?
Please visit the Probiotics: Every Day — Lunches post to add your ideas for eating probiotics with lunch. I look forward to what you'll share!
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).