Hi! I’m Wardee. I’m a wife, mom of 3, and traditional cook in Southwest Oregon.
Our son was born with itchy rashes all over his body. His knees, elbows and face were the worst. Instead of glowing with new baby freshness (like our other two children), he looked (and felt) miserable in his own skin.
We searched everywhere for a solution.
Pediatricians and allergists gave us steroid creams, but I didn't want to use them, and anyway, his eczema got worse.
I wondered, “Was our house making our baby sick?”
I attacked the cabinets. All chemicals, fragrances and toxins were banished. And I spent a small fortune on the finest non-toxic and fragrance-free cleaners and personal products.
Our son’s skin continued to get worse. 2-1/2 years went by.
Trying to get through each day with 2 young daughters, and a tiny son covered with red, angry, itchy rashes was a living nightmare.
eczema everywhere for 2 ½ years... cheeks, elbows, knees, tummy, backside...=(
In desperation, we became vegan. Amazingly, his eczema totally disappeared and his baby soft skin appeared for the first time!
But there were side effects.
The children and I, and even my husband, felt tired all the time and our weak muscles kept us from running and playing like we really wanted to.
Two critical questions haunted us:
1. What really cured our son’s eczema? Was it the lack of animal foods, or was it the absence of processed foods? and...
2. What should we feed our family to give them a lifetime of good health, vibrancy and energy?
We decided to give meat one more try - but different meat this time around. We dined on free-range organic chicken, grass-fed beef, and wild salmon. (Also eggs, but we purchased regular grocery store eggs.)
The result? The eggs gave my son a flare-up, so we stopped eating them. Everything else was a huge success - no flare-ups, no ear infections, his muscle tone improved and his energy went up! (Later on, we tried pastured, organic eggs and he did fine.)
We tried one more experiment, too. I sprouted some grains and discovered that our gluten-intolerant daughter could eat them without any trouble.
eczema no more!
Now our entire family could eat, laugh and play together. Our son didn't have eczema, and no one got sick, either! (Literally, the kids have never, ever gotten another ear infection, sinus infection, or anything else like that at all. Not a single one since in about 10 years!)
Today our home is filled with more joy than I could have ever dreamed possible. My husband and I both work from home and we homeschool all 3 kids.
I have dedicated my life to sharing this one simple message: The healthiest foods are God’s Natural, Organic, Whole Foods, Grown Locally, In Season... AND traditionally prepared to bring out their best.
My mission is to help you simply, quickly, and easily bless your family with good health, vibrancy and energy by using the GNOWFGLINS techniques taught in my online Traditional Cooking School, so that you can embrace every good thing that God has designed for you and your family.
How Traditional Cooking School Was Born
Since 2009, I have taught my Traditional Cooking methods to women all over the world.
A major publisher asked me to write a cookbook. What an honor!
My methods have helped so many families that a major publisher asked me to write a book: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Fermenting Foods.
Now, I spend my time restoring long-lost recipes and teaching moms how to use Traditional Cooking techniques to:
- Delight your family with delicious, nutritious meals that are simple and easy to make (and don’t require you to spend all day slaving in the kitchen).
- Honor God and family with whole foods and traditional recipes that follow God’s Design for Healthy Eating.
- Get “in touch” with your food — and in touch with our Designer. (After a while, cooking becomes a moving meditation, almost a living prayer.)
- Turn your battle-scarred kitchen into a safe haven and mini-retreat. (If you’re going to cook anyway, here’s how to find peace and pleasure in the process.)
- Create convenient meals that support your busy life (I’m the type of person who appreciates the most convenient way of cooking. That’s why I fell into the processed food trap years ago, but thank God I’ve found a better way.)
- Transform meal and snack time into family bonding time (My son and I make homemade organic popcorn together, and the shared time is worth as much to us as the healthy popcorn itself.)
Traditional Cooking offers you guilt-free, completely satisfying cooking and eating at every level. You create and serve healthy foods easily and simply, and you make your family members so happy they’re practically licking their plates clean. And begging for more! I’m not kidding; I’ve seen it happen over and over.
I’m willing to bet that you’ll find my kind of Traditional Cooking as convenient and easy, and as delicious and healthy, as anything you’ve tried before. I also know that with time, you’ll be looking good, feeling good, and doing good -- for God, yourself, and others.
Do you want to get that glow back in your skin and put a spring in your step? How about shedding some weight? That's the looking good part. You'll be feeling good, too, as your energy comes back to keep up with the kids or to meet your own goals for increased physical activity. And doing good? That's the best part! It's that great feeling that wells up inside when you're serving others and God your very best -- it completes the whole picture and brings meaning to it all.
Success Story: How This Traditional Cooking School Member "Accidentally" Lost 100 Pounds
Maureen feels great and lost over 100 pounds using traditional foods... without even trying!
Maureen Valdivia has Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
It is a condition that tells the thyroid to produce too little of the thyroid hormone. It also causes weight gain.
As you can see, she has undergone an amazing transformation. What’s her secret? Traditional Cooking School!
In Maureen's own words...
"I cannot tell you how "at home" I felt in Wardee's classes. Her presentations were "from the heart" and I could tell she just wanted to help others.
And guess what happened? Though I wasn't trying to lose weight during this exciting time, I lost 100 pounds without even trying. I was following what I learned from Wardee with a particular focus on a gut-healing diet. My symptoms started improving then and I am still improving to this day. I don't feel sick all the time, my brain fog is practically gone, I have my energy back, and my monthly female cycles are so much better. These classes were the turning point for me."
Maureen suffered for more than 10 years with worsening symptoms of Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. Conventional medicine couldn’t help her and made her feel worse.
So she began her own healing journey with the Traditional Cooking School methods I teach. Today, she is feeling oh-so-much-better with improved energy and mental clarity — and she lost 100 pounds without even trying!
Isn’t that just awesome? I am so, so happy for Maureen. Look at the joy on her face!
I've made more changes here in 5 weeks than in the past whole year I was trying to transition to traditional foods on my own...
"I am 5 weeks into Traditional Cooking School, and I just wanted to say I'm so happy I joined. I've made more changes in my diet and tried more new things than I did in the whole year I was trying to transition to traditional foods on my own. It's really made the connection for me between nutritional information and how that equates to what I should serve for dinner and how to properly prepare it. Thanks so much, Wardee!" ~Lynn S., WI
Is Traditional Cooking School Right For You?
As a Traditional Cooking School member, you get:
- Unlimited 24/7 access to all our 200+ hands-on video demonstrations and printable tutorials, organized in 10 clear, simple Courses. Plus, links to our private Facebook group to ask your questions, as well as links to helpful community resources.
- Tons of exclusive, original recipes specially prepared for our Traditional Cooking School members.
- Complete weekly done-for-you menu plans. Every Friday, you receive a complete menu plan for 3 dinners, 1 breakfast, 1 dessert, and 1 fermented food. Each menu plan comes complete with simple preparation steps, a printable shopping list, a weekly schedule (to help you decide what to make and when to serve it), and a heart-warming family devotional.
- A complete Traditional Cooking Lifestyle Makeover, free with your membership! (Get your family’s new Traditional Cooking Lifestyle featured at the monthly Roundtable Meeting or delivered by private email, it’s up to you.)
- Unlimited access to our active private, members-only Facebook group. Need help with any of the techniques or recipes? The private group is a supportive learning network of other traditional cooks just like you. It is a fun place to fellowship, visit and connect with other Traditional Cooking School members world-wide.
- An exclusive, private invitation to the Cooking Masters Roundtable Meeting -- Ask me your stickiest questions about traditional cooking, techniques or challenges; and I will answer them live on the webinar.
- Monthly drawings for free tools, ingredients, and cooking services that elevate your Traditional Cooking skills to the professional leagues (Hint: I award the prizes at the Roundtable Meetings, so make sure you’re on the call live!).
- On-going, first-responder access to new video lessons, audios, and printable tutorials -- you get first dibs on fresh new techniques, recipes, ideas and inspiration as soon as they’re released.
- A steep 40%-off Members-Only Discount on all of our eBooks. Each eBooks sells to other customers for $20, but you get first pick of your favorite eBooks for only $12.
Plus, 2 special Monthly Bonuses:
- Bonus #1: The monthly Accelerator eBooklet -- a collection of recipes and articles to help you master traditional cooking faster and make your meals even tastier.
- Bonus #2: We lovingly call this one your “Thank-You” Video -- it’s our way of saying “thank-you” for being a member. Our monthly bonus Thank-You Videos spill the beans on tasty recipes, charming handicrafts, homesteading ideas and DIY projects. We hold nothing back! (Many of our students report that this is their favorite part of Traditional Cooking School.)
Seeing other moms got me over the hump...
"My family had fun together watching kid videos and making those recipes. But the biggest benefit for our family was me seeing all the other moms on video that really nourish their families. It got me over the hump from doing it 60% to more like 97%. Which is a big deal as my son had really bad teeth… I just had it in my head before that no one could really be that ‘perfect’ in their cooking. Now we have a better diet and I also have more energy mostly because I now make all baked goods, which I love, sourdough." ~Marly H., Hudson Valley NY
Which Life-Giving Course Do You Want To Enjoy First?
Traditional Cooking School is organized into 11 clear, simple modules: Fundamentals of Traditional Cooking I & II, Sourdough, Cultured Dairy and Cheese, Lacto-Fermentation, Dehydrating, Real Food Kids, Allergy-Free Cooking, Cooking Outside, Einkorn Baking, and Pressure Cooking.
Here’s a quick taste of what you’ll learn in each course....
Course 1: Fundamentals of Traditional Cooking I
This course is the foundation of all Traditional Cooking.
The skills in this course were carefully selected to give you a sturdy jumping-off place into the world of Traditional Cooking and a behind-the-scenes peek into how real moms create healthy, nourishing meals that honor God and family.
You will learn:
- Why Traditional Cooking School exists and why it is a trusted resource for thousands of members
- How to soak whole grains, nuts and seeds -- cancel out anti-nutrients and unlock the super-power nutrients hidden inside (plus, it just tastes better)
- How to make soaked whole-grain flour baked goods
- How to soak and cook dry beans
- A no-fail method for sprouting beans and whole grains
- How to cook chicken and make chicken stock
- How to make skillet dinners -- This dependable formula that will save dinner on a busy night.
- How to make water kefir and dairy kefir (Here’s how to wean the kids off soda and introduce a delicious, naturally sweet drink that’s good for them.)
- How to make soft, spreadable cheese
- How to make sourdough bread
- How to bake with sprouted flour
- How to make naturally pickled foods
If not for Traditional Cooking School, I would still be over 200 pounds...
"If not for Traditional Cooking School, I would be sitting in front of a television trying to get up energy to prepare foods at home. I would still be over 200 pounds and very depressed. (I have cut back on most all my medications and I’m breathing better and have better stamina.) My grandson would not be excelling in school as he is now and would not have the energy to play outdoors like he does. My son-by-love is working the farm and building our home and teaching me so much." ~Debbie L., Mansfield, MO
Course 2: Fundamentals of Traditional Cooking II
Now it’s time to take your skills up a notch. This course will teach you how to turn your individual Traditional Cooking skills into complete, down-home-satisfying meals that delight the whole family.
Specifically, you will learn:
- How to create warm, nourishing, center-of-the-plate delights using wild and pastured meats, organ meats, dark stocks and fish stocks,
- How to prepare grains to cancel out anti-nutrients and unlock the super-power nutrients hidden inside,
- How to strategically add super foods, vegetables, homemade salad dressings and sauces to enhance the healthy benefits of the meats you serve (Once you know the secrets of combining foods, the kitchen becomes your playground.)
- How to make ghee -- on the stove or in the crock pot, it’s up to you,
- How to stock your Traditional Kitchen with tools that reduce preparation time, won’t react negatively with your food, and make clean-up a breeze. (Don’t worry. Most of the equipment is inexpensive, easy to find, and will last a lifetime.)
- How to make naturally sweetened desserts,
- Exactly how to add healthy fats and real salt to your family meals (Are you getting mixed messages about fat and salt? I debunk the myths and take the fear out of cooking with these unfairly villainized ingredients. Plus, I give you my top 3 recommendations for the best salts and exclusive discount coupons so that you can start enjoying flavorful, satisfying meals again.)
- How to make healthy snacks that the kids actually want to eat (and won’t spoil their appetites for dinner),
- How to handle corn -- that is a special case that you don’t want to miss,
- How to travel with real foods (If you’ve ever had to miss out on an important dinner because the restaurant didn’t serve anything you could eat, then this lesson is for you),
- Plus, a bonus! -- an entire video lesson is devoted to preparing tender, grass-fed, BBQ steak (a treat for the steak-and-potato lover in your home).
You made the transition easier...
"You’ve helped make this transition easier... as trying to go through it on my own was very confusing. Having your classes gives me the focus and the guidance I need." ~Billie Y.
Course 3: Sourdough A to Z
This course is based on one simple idea: Imagine if 5 expert, traditional cooks invited you over for tea and blessed you with all of their secrets for creating healthy, delicious breads that thrill the pickiest eater, satisfy the biggest eater, and support the healthiest eater, all while honoring a frugal budget, fitting into a busy lifestyle and bringing your family closer together.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to start and care for your sourdough starter — the easy, set-it-and-forget-it method anyone can use, How to make a Gluten Free starter
- Committed, practical or laissez-faire - What is your sourdough style? (Fit sourdough into your life the easy way)
- How to use spelt (ancient wheat) flour to drastically reduce gluten, while also baking light, fluffy loaves of bread
- The surprisingly healthy “left-overs” your starter will gladly eat (save money by making other foods do double duty as starter food)
- The “Bucket” method for creating a sourdough starter that raises itself (no more waiting overnight for your breads to rise)
- How to adapt any recipe to sourdough (and give new life to your favorite family meals)
- How to make tender, mild and sweet breads for every diet (gluten- friendly or gluten-free, all diets are sourdough compatible)
- How to dehydrate and preserve a starter (save some, give some to a friend, and have some ready just in case you want to quickly refresh your “mother” starter)
Here are just a few of the recipes you’ll find in the Sourdough course:
- Golden Fluffy-Beyond-Your-Wildest-Dreams Pancakes (no more slaving over a hot griddle - this one 10” pancake will feed your whole family)
- Espresso Chocolate Cake with Coconut Butter Cream Frosting (an easy-to-serve gourmet delight with down-home charm)
- No-Knead Sourdough Bread (the classic recipe updated for today’s busy lifestyles)
- The Famous Better-Sit-Down-Before-You-Try-Them Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls (make any day feel like a celebration)
- Celebration Crepes (layer this french treat with berries and homemade cream cheese for delightful crepe “cakes”)
- Plus, muffins, tortillas and tortilla chips, spelt sandwich bread, english muffins, crackers, pizza crust, honey whole wheat bread, gingerbread, pasta, pocket bread, corn bread and fritters, donuts, biscuits, pot pie, scones
- And 2 bonus lessons -- Sourdough cookies and even, Bisquick-inspired “impossible” pies!
"The Sourdough lessons have been just amazing. I had enjoyed baking with sourdough for over a year, but now I feel a new inspiration and love finding all the wonderful things that I can do." ~Millie C.
Course 4: Cultured Dairy and Simple Cheeses
Does dairy give you tummy trouble? Once you know the secrets of how to prepare dairy for maximum flavor and easy digestion, you are well on your way to enjoying milk again.
In this course you will learn how to make cheeses, drinks, spreads and sauces that unlock the power of milk’s fat-soluble vitamins, probiotics, and healthy fats.
The beneficial organisms that you add during the culturing process cause an explosion of life-affirming vitamins, minerals and enzymes that you can’t get from any other food or cooking process. It’s truly a cornerstone to healthy living.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to make sour cream, creme fraiche and whole-milk buttermilk
- How to make cultured butter and buttermilk
- How to make clabbered milk and cheese
- How to make traditional yogurt and just-like-the store yogurt
- Ways to enjoy kefir — includes recipes for kefir cream and kefir ice cream, kefir cheese and cheese balls
- How to make ricotta, soft cheese, cottage cheese, feta, middle eastern fresh cheese, queso fresco, fresh cheddar, and traditional mozzarella
- How to propagate mother cultures
- Plus, 3 bonus videos! — How to wax cheese, how to mold and shape soft cheese, and how to make cultured, flavored cream cheese.
Food that heals and nourishes...
"You’ve shown me how to transform our food from something we eat into something that heals and nourishes our bodies. I love being able to prepare healthy foods with my family… Praise the Lord for His beautiful ways!" ~Michelle P.
Course 5: Lacto-Fermentation
Did your Grandmother serve pickles for dinner? Long before the grocery store sold pickles in glass jars, moms knew that serving homemade pickles at dinner time was a great way to top off a meal and stop tummy aches before they started.
In this course you will learn how to “pickle” foods to make them more nutritious, stay fresh longer, and taste even better by letting the food develop its own complex flavors and pleasing textures.
As a bonus, properly fermented foods contain vitamins, enzymes, and active cultures — which help your gut, your immune system, and your digestion. Since 80% of your immune system is in your gut, serving “pickled” foods is one of the best things you can do to help your family stay healthy during cold and flu season.
In this course, you will learn:
- How and why lacto-fermentation is so good for you and your family (I am especially fond of this topic since I wrote the Complete Idiot’s Guide to Lacto-Fermentation. I hope to share my passion with you.)
- How to ferment fruits — whole fruits, chutneys and preserves
- How to ferment veggies — krauts, pickles, salsas and relishes
- How to make your own mayo, mustard, ketchup, horseradish and hummus
- How to make kombucha, kvass, natural sodas and advanced water kefir
- How to make bean paste, natto and tempeh
- How to make clabbered milk, cultured butter, yogurt and soft cheeses
- How to pickle fish, eggs, lacto-ferment red meat and cure olives
- How to create a simple sourdough starter that you can use on a moment’s notice to whip up a batch of homemade pancakes, waffles, and crepes (there’s also some advanced recipes here for days when you have a little more time)
- How to plan probiotic meals
- Simple no-fail formulas that will have you turning out lacto-fermented foods using your imagination and whatever happens to be in season
- Plus, a bonus lesson! — Fermented honey (raw honey is great, but watch what happens when you add the benefits of fermentation. Amazing.)
Up a few notches...
"You’ve shown me that what I thought was a healthy way of eating could be stepped up a notch. OK, a few notches." ~Wendy N.
Course 6: Dehydrating
Do you want to give your family peak-season freshness, flavor and nutrition even during the bleak winter months? Then this course is for you.
You will learn how to dehydrate every food group — fruits, veggies, broth, meats, beans, grains, eggs, dairy, herbs, and mother cultures — and then bring them back to full richness, flavor and vitality whenever you want a quick, nutritious meal.
Why does this matter? Well, if you’ve ever tried to buy grocery store tomatoes in February, you know they look like plastic and taste like rubber erasers. No wonder most kids say they hate tomatoes!
- Store well at room temperature for long periods of time
- Retain vitamins, enzymes, and other nutrients
- Require less time and energy to preserve than other cooking methods
- Are lightweight and portable (this is handy for camping and traveling with real foods, especially if you have a large family and can’t bring your entire garden along)
- Plus, they’re fun to make and taste great!
In this course, you will learn:
- Why dehydration is often the best choice for preserving the health and vitality of your food
- What tools and equipment are best
- How to dehydrate and where to get the best foods for dehydration
- How to store your freshly dehydrated food
- How to dehydrate fruit — sliced, whole, candied and fruit leather
- How to dehydrate vegetables — sliced, diced, shredded, powdered, pureed, and mashed
- How to dehydrate herbs, beans, grains, eggs, dairy, broth and stock
- How to dehydrate meats — jerky, pre-cooked and raw liver
- How to dehydrate mother cultures — sourdough and other lacto-fermentations
- How to cook with dried foods — breakfast, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts
- How to make trail foods for hiking and camping
- How to ferment dried foods
- Plus, a bonus lesson! — I have even included a special recipe for Kombucha Scoby Jerky. Yummy.
Traditional cooking resource...
"I love the resource you are to cooking traditionally!" ~Lori P.
Course 7: Real Food Kids
Who does the cooking around your house? Would you like to take the day off from time to time? Would you like to have confidence, that your children will be able to cook their own healthy meals now and when they grow up?
This course will help you create your own Family Kitchen that churns out amazing food, laughter, silly songs, and life-long healthy cooking skills.
The course is based on one simple idea: “Everyone eats, everyone cooks.”
You will learn how to:
- Create your own inspiring cooking philosophy for your Family Kitchen (All you have to do is answer a few simple questions and then press “go” on your computer screen. The computer creates a frame-worthy piece of art that the whole family can enjoy.)
- Develop routines that work for every child at every age
- Help the kids develop a healthy approach to kitchen safety
- Help the kids recognize real foods. If it comes from a box or a can, it’s probably not real food! But you already knew that. ;-)
- Develop your unique teaching style (Plus, how to hold onto your grace and patience when all chaos breaks loose… it happens.)
- Choose the best kitchen tools and gadgets for kids (and instantly spot which ones to avoid at all costs)
- Organize your Family Kitchen to be kid-friendly (Hint: We keep our drinking cups in the bottom drawer. Why? So that the toddler can help by putting water glasses on the table. It looks weird but it works.)
- Turn kitchen “chores” into enjoyable acts of kindness and service
- Set up kids of all ages for cooking success: Babies and Toddlers; Swing Cooks (ages 3-6); Line Cooks (ages 7-11); Sous Chefs (ages 12-15); and Head Chefs (ages 16-18)
- Let the kids succeed on their own in the Family Kitchen creating kid-friendly breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks and desserts (These meals are easy for kids to make, nutritious and enjoyable for the whole family to eat — rarely do you find a kids’ cooking book or class that has all 3 of these qualities. If you’ve ever been guilt-tripped into tasting a Spaghetti-o muffin, you know what I’m talking about.)
- Plus, a bonus class called Napkin Origami and Folding — Sometimes there are just too many cooks in the kitchen. Keep the kids busy decorating the dinner table with beautiful and functional napkin decorations. (This is perfect for the child who is too young to stir the big pot or who has already finished their cooking job and still wants to help impress Daddy.)
From the bottom of our hearts...
"I am learning things that I know will help my children. We can teach them how to use food the way God intended. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! This course is extremely timely, and, to be frank, an answer to prayer." ~Mary K.
Course 8: Allergy-Free Cooking
Does your child have a food allergy? Do you have to send special (often, boxed or pre-packaged) food with her to sleep-overs? Does she have to sit at the “peanut free” table at school?
This course shows you how to cook around your family’s food allergies and sensitivities while serving nutritious and delicious meals that give your child every possible advantage for healing from food sensitivities — all on a shoe-string budget.
In this course, you will learn:
- What Allergy Free Cooking is (what it isn’t) and how to reclaim your power in the kitchen
- The best tools and cooking equipment for your Allergy Free Kitchen (taught by real mothers who’ve been down this road before and know what’s at stake)
- How to cook Dairy Free: main dishes, side dishes, fermented foods, desserts, and homemade milk substitutes that taste as good (or better) than the dairy-full version. (Plus, you can say good-by to tummy aches and frantic phone calls from the school nurse.)
- How to cook Egg Free: homemade egg substitutes, desserts, and baked goods that are as light, fluffy and tender as anything you’d see in an artisan bakery.
- How to cook Gluten Free: breakfasts, main dishes, breads, baked goods, sourdough, and desserts that are easy to digest, stay fresh tasting, and look as beautiful and inviting as their gluten-full cousins.
- How to cook Grain Free: breakfasts, main dishes, breads, baked goods, and desserts that allow you to indulge in your love of comfort food without any of the consequences. Here’s your free pass to eat and feel happy.
- How to cook Sugar Free: desserts, beverages, fermented foods, jams and preserves. Give your taste buds a delicious sweet treat that won’t wreak havoc with your system.
- How to cook Nut Free: Eating nut-free doesn’t have to mean restrictive or boring — this lesson will show you how to cut out boredom, and ramp up the nutritional value of your favorite foods.
- How to work around special allergies; plus, I’ll show you the latest research and hope for breaking free from allergies.
- And, a bonus class! — Ancient Grains. This lesson will show you how to make breads that stand up to being slathered with your favorite spread, turned into sandwiches or enjoyed all on their own. Ancient grains are naturally low in gluten, easy to digest and (once you know the secret) are surprisingly easy to turn into bakery- beautiful loaves of bread.
Enjoying our food greatly...
"Our family is experiencing greater health and nutrition and enjoying our food greatly. My family is much less resistant to the changes in our diet since using your course. This is money well spent and I will continue to subscribe." ~Robin M.
Course 9: Cooking Outside
Want to do more cooking outside, beat the heat and make life more fun and interesting? Even simple meals taste better when cooked outdoors. The fresh air and the invigorating feeling of being outdoors really work up an appetite!
Plus, cooking outside helps slow the family down. My kids will sit around a fire and talk for hours, instead of barreling through 15 minutes of eating at the inside table. It is a great way to connect without having to plan a big vacation or outing.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to set up a complete outdoor kitchen on a shoe-string budget (You probably have most of what you need already hanging around the house.)
- Transform a portable roaster oven into an outdoor bakery oven… and make an ooey-gooey fruit cobbler
- Convert a dehydrator into a professional-quality yogurt maker… and make delicious, thick, raw milk yogurt from scratch
- How to hard “boil” eggs, and make tender baked potatoes in the crockpot
- How to bake sourdough english muffins in a roaster oven (I also share my secret for giving english muffins their cute shape without fussing with patting, rolling and cutting them out)
- How to cook in glass jars — make fun, whimsical, individual cheesecakes, muffins and savory foods. Glass jars hold up great to high heat and pressure, so you can stop worrying about keeping the cooking heat at a steady perfect temperature
- How to cook on a camp stove
- How to grill on direct and indirect heat
- How to cook over an open fire
- How to cook in a sun oven
- How to smoke meat — (This one is a favorite with all my kids.)
- And a few more bonus outdoor cooking techniques, too!
It has become my one and only Christmas gift...
"Many years I didn't think I could swing the payment to continue your classes… it has become my one and only Christmas gift from my family to me. I can't do anything else knowing how bad SAD (Standard American Diet) is. DH & my health continues to get better, and our 3 boys are extremely healthy..." ~Sherri M.
Course 10: Einkorn Baking
Grown by farmers over 5,000 years ago… Einkorn is civilization’s first wheat. It’s healthy and tasty — and my family loves it! Einkorn’s gentler, older form of gluten has a light nutty texture and no harsh “health food” flavor.
This is the wheat that families used long before hybridization, GMOs, and chemical processing. It’s as close as you can get to baking exactly like people did in ancient times. And now, careful, nurturing artisan farmers are bringing it back — growing it on their small family farms so that you can enjoy its flavors and health benefits.
After more than a year baking with Einkorn exclusively, I’m delighted to bring you a whole class on Einkorn Baking and share my tips and tricks with you.
In this course, you will learn:
- Why bake with Einkorn? Einkorn has half the phytic acid of modern wheat… and after soaking and souring… you’ve got a powerhouse grain that boosts mineral absorption, bakes into beautiful loaves, supports small farms with the highest artisan production standards, and tastes light and delicate… not at all like “health” food.
- How to use Einkorn… It is stickier than spelt, and easier on the tummy than modern wheat, however, Einkorn has its own quirks and personality. I’ll show you how to bring out Einkorn’s best flavors and how to substitute it into your favorite baking recipes.
- How to mill Einkorn and how to sift it to make the grains bake up into beautiful cakes, cookies and muffins. I'll even show you how to sprout it first to boost the nutrition!
- How to make an Einkorn sourdough starter from scratch or change over your existing flavorful starter to an even healthier version, without giving up the tangy sourdough flavor of your existing starter. I’ll also show you how to feed and care for your starter… just a couple simple steps and you’re on your way!
- How to make light, nutty breakfasts… pancakes, soaked blueberry-lemon muffins, traditional creamy porridge, and savory bacon-cheddar buttermilk biscuits. Yum!
- Special main dishes for lunch and dinner… grilled pizza, chilled Einkorn Grain Salad (for summer picnics), and more.
- How to make snacks that the kids love (and are fully approved by leading Einkorn growers)… mouth-watering scones, chewy dark-chocolate cherry-almond granola bars, and Einkorn Champion Crackers.
- Ready to dive into dessert? It’s all here: Cookies (with lots of variations), Banana Bread Muffins, and Raspberry-Chocolate Tea Cake.
- Breads galore! You’ll become a master Einkorn baker in no time with recipes like: No-Knead Bread, Sandwich Loaf & Dinner Rolls, and thick, soft, chewy, Indian flat bread – so delicious!
Course 11: Pressure Cooking
Pressure cooking is so fast and efficient, and produces amazingly tender and moist foods. In this course, I'm showing you how to use traditional methods (like soaking) and whole food ingredients in your pressure cooking so it's also healthy!
And... fun is important, too, right? I believe we should LOVE what we do in the kitchen and savor the creativity and accomplishments. Pressure cooking allows us to do more with less. More in less time. More complicated dishes easily and with less mess.
To produce beautiful foods for our families to enjoy. And let's face it -- when our families are happy, we are happy!
To follow along with this course, you can use a "smart" pressure cooker like the Instant Pot or your trusty stovetop pressure cooker.
In this course, you will learn:
- What pressure cooking is... how it works
- Why pressure cooking is so great! Plus, fun!
- How to choose a pressure cooker… lots of options out there and you want to choose the right one for your family so that it will last you for years and years, as it should!
- What accessories you might consider to take your pressure cooking further... cheesecake or bread, anyone?
- How to combine the nourishing traditional practice of soaking beans and grains when using a pressure cooker... somehow this is something that most pressure cooks and cookbooks skip but it's oh-so-important!
- How to use your pressure cooker to create all kinds of delicious dishes and meals... from breakfasts and sides to main dishes and even desserts and breads!
- How to safely use a pressure cooker... we don't want any accidents!
- How to care for and maintain your pressure cooker
- How to store your pressure cooker so it's ready to for next time... frustration-free is the key!
- How to use a pressure cooker indoors and outdoors
- Recipes for soups, stews, roast, breads, cheesecake and other desserts, jam, and oh-so-much more!
- How to use "stacking" to cook multiple foods that you don't want to mix at the same time... exactly how to do it so your softest foods don't turn to mush while the foods that need more cook time turn out perfectly done!
“We’re Ready to Show You a Whole New Love of Food!”
I remember what it was like when I first started exploring traditional cooking.
I armed myself with the best book I could find and bravely marched into the kitchen — for a while, all I managed to make were uber-dense loaves of bread and a couple of mini kitchen explosions. It’s funny now, but it sure wasn’t funny then!
That’s why I’ve gathered together an all-star cast of the kindest, most nurturing and supportive teachers ever gathered to teach traditional cooking.
I am the Lead Teacher for Traditional Cooking School, but you already know my story, so…
Here's a short introduction to the other teachers you'll meet inside our classroom:
- Katie Kimball runs a popular blog called KitchenStewardship.com. She teaches our Sourdough, Cultured Dairy, and Real Food Snacks classes.
- Jami Delgado teaches Real Food Kids, Dehydrating, and Allergy- Free Cooking. She blogs at EatNourishing.com.
- Erin Vander Lugt teaches Sourdough, Fermentation, Cheese making and other classes for TraditionalCookingSchool.com.
- Megan Stevens teaches Allergy-Free Cooking and blogs all the things gut-healing at EatBeautiful.net
- Melissa Norris lives back to basics and loves all things from scratch, so she's well suited to teaching Cooking Outside. She blogs at MelissaKNorris.com.
- Plus, Sara Kay, Christina, Jami, Paula, Chris, Tammy, Haniya, and other special guest teachers!
Watch the video, Make the Recipe, Check It Off the List.
It's That Easy!
The Traditional Cooking School Classroom is just like a real classroom but without the stress of finals or term papers. Everyone succeeds here.
When you enter the private member Classroom, you’ll see all 9 Courses. You can take 1, 2, or all of them at once. Take them in order or skip around. It’s up to you.
As you move along, you can track your progress and celebrate your achievements. Here’s how it works.
Browse the modules (courses), and click “Take this Course” to get started on your favorites.
Look at the sidebar to see all the Courses that you have registered in — remember, you can register for as many as you like, or for just 1 at a time.
Click on any lesson in your registered Courses — you’ll see all the videos, recipes, lessons, printable tutorials, bonus articles, audios, and links to your private members-only Facebook group, as well as links to helpful community resources.
When you’re done with a lesson, click “Mark Complete”.
The eCourse Progress Meter will show you how far you’ve come. You can come back any time and pick up right where you left off!
You’ll know you’ve completed the course when the eCourse Progress Meter turns a solid green.
And, when you’re done with a course, you can take the quiz. You’ll get a printable Traditional Cooking School certificate on the spot with a passing score!
Here's What You Get:
As a Traditional Cooking School member, you get:
- unlimited 24/7 access to all our 200+ hands-on video demonstrations and printable tutorials
- tons of exclusive, original recipes
- weekly menu plans that help you take the guesswork out of meal prep
- detailed info on what tools you need and where to find the best whole food ingredients
- formulas you can use to “make over” your current family favorites…
- bonus articles, audios, and links to your private members-only Facebook group, as well as links to helpful community resources
- fun quizzes and frame-worthy reward certificates to celebrate your successes and mark your growing cooking skills
- plus much, much more!
How Traditional Cooking School Saves You $15,147 and Takes You to the Front of the Class
At mealtime, you have 2 choices: eat in or dine out.
A typical meal out for our family costs $75. If you multiply that by several meals a day and several meals a month, it quickly drains the food budget.
Plus, the food preparation is not traditional. That means when our family dines out, we are limited to only 1 or 2 items on the menu (if that…). So, we end up eating lower quality food and paying more money.
Your other choice is to cook dinner yourself (and get the kids to help).
If you don’t have a traditional cooking grandmother to teach you the methods, you’d be lucky to find a private cooking class in your town. They’re very rare.
I found one in Texas but they charge $99 per class. It’s a group class (with limited personal attention), and the classes aren’t video-taped (which means that if you don’t get the technique right away, you’re stuck having to retake the class or give up on the recipe. Very disappointing.)
On the other hand, Traditional Cooking School’s Cooking Outside class (all by itself) contains 17 hands-on video demonstrations, printable tutorials, bonus articles and other resources.
If you had to learn each lesson in a group cooking class, you’d pay $99 times 17 lessons… that’s $1683, and you still wouldn’t get the videos, eRecipes, and other resources.
If you wanted to take all 10 Courses live, that comes to $15,147… plus you’d have to hire a sitter for the kids, pay for gas, and rototill your schedule to allow for 153 weekly lessons (that’s nearly 3 years of cooking classes).
And that assumes you could even find a class on the specific technique (like sourdough or lacto-fermentation) that your family needs. Again, very rare.
Here’s the good news.
Membership in Traditional Cooking School is only $37 per month.
It’s a clear bargain. You won’t find classes like this anywhere else, at any price.
And here’s a special offer: I want to give you 3 months of Traditional Cooking School as a free gift.
Here’s How to Get 3 Months of Traditional Cooking School for Free
For a limited time, you save 25% when you pay for a 1-year subscription — that’s a savings of $111. That’s the same thing as paying for 9 months and getting 3 months free. It’s a terrific bargain, but it won’t last forever.
Remember, this special package is backed by my full 30-day, 100% guarantee — no questions, no hassles.
To get started, simply click the Join Now! button below.
Your Satisfaction Is 100% Guaranteed
I know you’ll love loading up the family dinner table with life-giving meals created with the skills you develop in Traditional Cooking School — so I am backing you with a 30-day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
During your first 30 days of your new membership, if you decide that Traditional Cooking School isn’t for you, I will refund 100% of your purchase — no questions asked.
Classroom Space Is Limited
Even though this is an on-line class, I can’t help unlimited members. Traditional Cooking School is my baby, and I pour my heart and soul into it.
Every member gets my personal attention. I answer questions, adapt recipes, and even create new hands-on video demonstrations when enough members share their interest in new topics.
If you think that Traditional Cooking School is for you, then please give it a try.
Remember, you can cancel your membership at any time. (If you cancel within the first 30 days, I will refund your entire purchase price.) So you risk absolutely nothing.
I'm Holding a Seat For You
You gotta HURRY, though. Like I said, classroom space is limited.
Traditional Cooking School is bursting with longtime fans and loyal customers. Getting one of them to give up their seat is like pulling teeth.
If I hear from you in the next few days, you can feel confident that I still have room for you in the classroom. If you wait too long, I may have to place your name on a waiting list.
But it could be a long wait. Like Maureen Valdivia said, she’s been a member for over 4 years and she’s not giving up her place any time soon.
Once you enter Traditional Cooking School, you have a full 30 days to decide if you want to create even more delicious, simple, healthy foods that honor God’s Design for Healthy Eating, or cancel for a full refund. No hassles. Your word is all I need. I will treat you with total respect and honor your request immediately. This is a special privilege I’m offering ONLY to women like you who want to honor God and their families by serving God’s Natural, Organic, Whole Foods, Grown Locally, In Season… and ONLY to those women who are dedicated to embracing traditional cooking and passing those skills on to their children.
Look, if you have come this far, I know that you are exactly the right kind of person for Traditional Cooking School. So, there is a special place in this community for you.
If you don’t want it, I understand… drop me a note at “wardee@TraditionalCookingSchool.com” and I’ll place you on the waiting list for the next time I open the doors. Please note, there are no guarantees. (When I open the doors again, all new students rush through the doors on a “first-come, first-served” basis.)
So sign up right now, while you’re thinking about it. I don’t care if you’re an experienced cook, or if you’re so new in the kitchen that your in-laws will only let you bring the side salad to pot lucks. It doesn’t matter. Just watch what I reveal in the hands-on video demonstrations… and then go cook the best meals of your life.
It really is that simple.
Keep up the good work!
"Kitchen Stewardship certainly has similar goals, of being good stewards of the gifts God has given us. It is good that God gave us such gifts on earth and a handbook to teach us how and why to take care of them! Keep up the good work!" ~Katie Kimball, KitchenStewardship.com
Here's What To Do Now:
1. Use your credit card and click the Join Now! button below.
2. Decide whether you want to get 3 months free (when you sign up for the yearly plan and pay for 1-year in full), or choose the convenient monthly payment plan… and I’ll take care of everything else.
3. You will receive instant access to the Traditional Cooking School classroom. Look for the Welcome Video on the front page of the classroom.
4. Press play, and I will personally give you a tour of your new classroom.
Again, you are completely covered with my generous 30-day 100% money-back guarantee, so you don’t risk anything.
Don’t let this opportunity slip away.Just order right now, while you’re thinking about it.
God bless you and your family,
TraditionalCookingSchool.com Master Teacher
P.S. Now is your time to break free from the limitations and misery of meals that wear you out and make your family sick…. You can transform your dinner table into a gathering place full of laughter, love and life-giving food. Plus, for a limited time, you can get 3 months of your membership for free (you'll see this option when you click through to the order form).
I want to pass this on to others...
"I do share your sentiments. You have expressed them so beautifully. I can’t put into words how I feel about our God-given earth and everything created in it for the use of everyone here, but you have said it so well. Thank you. I want to pass this on to others." ~Marly
Got a Question?
Here are the most common questions and answers about Traditional Cooking School.
Is there a required class schedule?
Lessons are self-directed so you can move as quickly, or as slowly, as you like. One lesson per week works best for most of our Traditional Cooking School students.Some people do every lesson and every module in order. Some people skip all around to get a taste of everything. It’s all up to you!
Do I need to be sitting at my computer at a certain time?
No. Lessons are pre-recorded for your convenience. You have 24/7 access to them. We often create brand new modules and lessons. The newest videos will be released on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. You can check in on Thursdays to see the latest lessons hot-off-the-presses.
What kind of internet and computer do I need to get the most out of Traditional Cooking School?
A high-speed internet connection and a newer computer that can stream videos and download large files works best. Traditional Cooking School is optimized for Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. To speed things up: increase the cache limit in your browser to at least 500mb and clear the cache regularly. Cookies must be enabled to log in.
The member area and videos work on most mobile devices, but we can’t guarantee 100% compatibility. We solve glitches as soon as we discover them and do our best to make our site user friendly.
I'm not a believer. Is religion a heavy theme at Traditional Cooking School?
We focus on the techniques of preparing real foods using traditional methods that preserve or enhance the nutritional value of the original ingredients.
There is a heavy emphasis on answering the “how” questions. However, there is always a reason for “why” we do things, and it is this “why” that is often more important than the “how.”
Our philosophy: At Traditional Cooking School, we believe that God is our creator and the source of all things good. God is the “why” for all that we do, including the way we cultivate, harvest, prepare and eat foods. That’s why we share our love for God and explain how we can see God’s design in our food.
This resonates with most of our members, though some participate solely for the techniques. We are happy to help you either way.
Do you use lard, pork, or any other unclean foods at Traditional Cooking School?
Our materials do not require use of any Biblically unclean foods. If a recipe lists an unclean food, Biblically clean alternatives are listed as well.
You're in the United States. Are your classes and recipes suitable for those overseas?
Yes, our classes and recipes work for traditional cooks all over the world. If you have trouble finding ingredients or equipment, please visit the private members' Facebook group to find other members in your area who can quickly help you get what you need.
Member Showcase :-)
Still warm, half gone...
"I guess when the loaf is half gone and yet still warm enough from the oven to melt butter, you can call it a success. Or my kids were just starving. One of the two!" ~Cynthia V., CA
100% sourdough risen bread
"I am so stoked that my sourdough starter is so happy right now! I took it out of the fridge last night after two weeks. I had fed it pretty thick before doing that and figured it would take a couple days to perk it up. Nope. Two feedings and it is so happy that I had to use 75% of it and it is still trying to overflow after its latest feeding. And I made a successful 100% sourdough risen bread. No commercial yeast whatsoever. Heehee!" ~Kelly H.
On a dehydrating roll...
"Just dehydrated Granny Smith apples, walnuts and almonds! Yum! Thanks for the Dehydrating eCourse, Wardee!" ~Ruth B.
When you stop and stare at your fridge because...
"When you stop and stare at your fridge because you realize it shows you are making progress in your traditional food journey. :) " ~Lynn S., WI
So much lighter and fluffier...
"Made a double batch of gluten free sourdough English muffins today using Erin's recipe from the Sourdough eCourse. I used my buttermilk from yesterday's butter making. These are so much lighter and fluffier than my first batch. I am so happy with how they turned out. Half of them are in the freezer but they were disappearing quickly. I enjoyed mine with homemade butter and homemade spiced pear butter. Num! #littlewinsBIGdeal" ~Kathleen C.
"HOLY, HOLY SMOKES!! I had no idea homemade crackers could be so GOOD!!" ~Rebekah H.