We help you make simple, healthy foods your family loves to eat.
Make & serve healthy foods easily and simply.
Make kids (and hubby) so happy they're begging for more!
Honor God with whole food recipes that follow His design.
*or get 3 months free when you choose yearly at checkout!
"Perfect for the health-conscious Christian who wants to eat the way our Creator intended..."
Convenient, healthy meals that support your busy life.
If only we could keep healthy food on the table without spending all day slaving in the kitchen, right? Yet healthy-from-scratch-cooking is often complicated, confusing, or takes too long.
Enter Traditional Cooking School...
It's custom-made for busy moms so you can delight your family with delicious, nutritious meals that are simple and easy-to-make! Yes, even if you're working around food allergies or special diets!
I've made more changes here in 5 weeks than in the past whole year on my own...
"I am 5 weeks into Traditional Cooking School, and I just wanted to say I'm so happy I joined. I've made more changes in my diet and tried more new things than I did in the whole year I was trying to transition to traditional foods on my own. It's really made the connection for me between nutritional information and how that equates to what I should serve for dinner and how to properly prepare it. Thanks so much, Wardee!" ~Lynn S., WI
How Traditional Cooking School Was Born
~and meet your lead teacher, Wardee~
Hi! I’m Wardee. I’m a wife, mom of 3, and traditional cook in Indiana.
Our son was born with itchy rashes all over his body. His knees, elbows and face were the worst. Instead of glowing with new baby freshness (like our other two children), he looked (and felt) miserable in his own skin.
We searched everywhere for a solution.
Pediatricians and allergists gave us steroid creams, but I didn't want to use them, and his eczema got worse anyway.
I wondered, “Was our house making our baby sick?”
I attacked the cabinets. All chemicals, fragrances and toxins were banished. And I spent a small fortune on the finest non-toxic and fragrance-free cleaners and personal products.
Our son’s skin continued to get worse. 2-1/2 years went by.
Trying to get through each day with 2 young daughters, and a tiny son covered with red, angry, itchy rashes was a nightmare!
eczema everywhere for 2 ½ years... cheeks, elbows, knees, tummy, backside...=(
In desperation, we tried different diets. And we learned that when we ate high-quality whole foods like free-range, organic chicken, grass-fed beef, wild caught fish, pastured eggs, and healthy fats like butter and olive oil, his eczema totally disappeared and his baby soft skin appeared!
We also experimented with old-fashioned food techniques like sourdough and culturing and discovered that not only did our son's skin stay clear, but our gluten-sensitive and dairy-sensitive children could eat bread and milk daughter could eat bread and dairy without any trouble.
eczema no more!
Now our entire family was healthier and happier than we'd ever been. Our son didn't have eczema, and no one got sick, either! (Literally, the kids have never, ever gotten another ear infection, sinus infection, or anything else like that at all. Not a single one since in more than 10 years!)
Today our home is filled with more joy than I could have ever dreamed possible. My husband and I both work from home and we homeschool all 3 kids.
I have dedicated my life to sharing this one simple message: The healthiest foods are God’s Natural, Organic, Whole Foods, Grown Locally, In Season (GNOWFGLINS)... AND traditionally prepared to bring out their best.
My mission is to help you simply, quickly, and easily bless your family with good health, vibrancy and energy by using the GNOWFGLINS techniques taught in my online Traditional Cooking School, so that you can embrace every good thing that God has designed for you and your family.
Since 2009, I have taught my Traditional Cooking methods to 9,305 families all over the world.
My methods have helped so many families that a major publisher asked me to write a book: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Fermenting Foods. What an honor!
And now, I spend my time restoring long-lost recipes and teaching moms how to use Traditional Cooking techniques to bless their families every day with healthy food they love to eat.
(And psst... moms get blessed themselves when they save a whole bunch of time and angst following my easy methods!)
Ready to get started or want more info? Great. Keep reading for the whole scoop on what's waiting for you and your family inside Traditional Cooking School!
God bless you!
GNOWFGLINS Founder & Traditional Cooking School's Lead Teacher
bite-sized Traditional Cooking lessons for Christian families
Is Traditional Cooking School Right For You?
As a Traditional Cooking School member, you get:
- Unlimited 24/7 access to all our 200+ hands-on video demonstrations and printable tutorials, organized in 12 clear, simple eCourses. Plus, links to our private Facebook group to ask your questions, as well as links to helpful community resources.
- Tons of exclusive, original recipes specially prepared for our Traditional Cooking School members.
- Complete weekly done-for-you menu plans. Every Friday, you receive a complete menu plan for 3 dinners, 1 breakfast, 1 dessert, and 1 fermented food. Each menu plan comes complete with simple preparation steps, a printable shopping list, a weekly schedule (to help you decide what to make and when to serve it), and a heart-warming family devotional.
- A complete Traditional Cooking Lifestyle Makeover, free with your membership! (Get your family’s new Traditional Cooking Lifestyle featured at the monthly Roundtable Meeting or delivered by private email, it’s up to you.)
- Unlimited access to our active private, members-only Facebook group. Need help with any of the techniques or recipes? The private group is a supportive learning network of other traditional cooks just like you. It is a fun place to fellowship, visit and connect with other Traditional Cooking School members world-wide.
- An exclusive, private invitation to the Cooking Masters Roundtable Meeting -- Ask Wardee your stickiest questions about traditional cooking, techniques or challenges; and she will answer them live on the monthly call.
- Monthly drawings for free tools, ingredients, and cooking services that elevate your Traditional Cooking skills to the professional leagues (Hint: Wardee awards the prizes at the Roundtable Meetings, so make sure you’re on the call live!).
- On-going, first-responder access to new video lessons, audios, and printable tutorials -- you get first dibs on fresh new techniques, recipes, ideas and inspiration as soon as they’re released.
- A steep 40%-off Members-Only Discount on all of our eBooks. Each eBooks sells to other customers for $20, but you get first pick of your favorite eBooks for only $12.
Plus, 2 special Monthly Bonuses:
- Bonus #1: We lovingly call this one your “Thank-You” Video -- it’s our way of saying “thank-you” for being a member. Our monthly bonus Thank-You Videos spill the beans on tasty recipes, charming handicrafts, homesteading ideas and DIY projects. We hold nothing back! (Many of our students report that this is their favorite part of Traditional Cooking School.)
- Bonus #2: The monthly Accelerator eBooklet -- a collection of recipes and articles to help you master traditional cooking faster and make your meals even tastier.
Seeing other moms got me over the hump...
"My family had fun together watching kid videos and making those recipes. But the biggest benefit for our family was me seeing all the other moms on video that really nourish their families. It got me over the hump from doing it 60% to more like 97%. Which is a big deal as my son had really bad teeth… I just had it in my head before that no one could really be that ‘perfect’ in their cooking. Now we have a better diet and I also have more energy mostly because I now make all baked goods, which I love, sourdough." ~Marly H., Hudson Valley NY
Success Story: How Traditional Cooking School Member Maureen "Accidentally" Lost 100 Pounds
Maureen feels great and lost over 100 pounds using traditional foods... without even trying!
Maureen Valdivia has Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
It is a condition that tells the thyroid to produce too little of the thyroid hormone. It also causes weight gain.
As you can see, she has undergone an amazing transformation. What’s her secret? Traditional Cooking School!
In Maureen's own words...
"I cannot tell you how "at home" I felt in Traditional Cooking School's classes. Wardee's presentations were "from the heart" and I could tell she just wanted to help others.
And guess what happened? Though I wasn't trying to lose weight during this exciting time, I lost 100 pounds without even trying. I was following what I learned from Wardee with a particular focus on a gut-healing diet. My symptoms started improving then and I am still improving to this day. I don't feel sick all the time, my brain fog is practically gone, I have my energy back, and my monthly female cycles are so much better. These classes were the turning point for me."
Maureen suffered for more than 10 years with worsening symptoms of Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. Conventional medicine couldn’t help her and made her feel worse.
So she began her own healing journey with the Traditional Cooking School methods we teach. Today, Maureen is feeling oh-so-much-better with improved energy and mental clarity — and she lost 100 pounds without even trying!
Isn’t that just awesome? We are so, so happy for Maureen. Look at the joy on her face!
Which Life-Giving Course Do You Want To Enjoy First?
Traditional Cooking School is organized into 12 clear, simple modules: Fundamentals of Traditional Cooking I & II, Sourdough, Cultured Dairy and Cheese, Lacto-Fermentation, Dehydrating, Real Food Kids, Allergy-Free Cooking, Cooking Outside, Einkorn Baking, and Pressure Cooking I & II.
Here’s a quick taste of what you’ll learn in each course....
Course 1: Fundamentals of Traditional Cooking I
This course is the foundation of all Traditional Cooking.
The skills in this course were carefully selected to give you a sturdy jumping-off place into the world of Traditional Cooking and a behind-the-scenes peek into how real moms create healthy, nourishing meals that honor God and family.
You will learn:
- Why Traditional Cooking School exists and why it is a trusted resource for thousands of members
- How to soak whole grains, nuts and seeds -- cancel out anti-nutrients and unlock the super-power nutrients hidden inside (plus, it just tastes better)
- How to make soaked whole-grain flour baked goods
- How to soak and cook dry beans
- A no-fail method for sprouting beans and whole grains
- How to cook chicken and make chicken stock
- How to make skillet dinners -- This dependable formula that will save dinner on a busy night.
- How to make water kefir and dairy kefir (Here’s how to wean the kids off soda and introduce a delicious, naturally sweet drink that’s good for them.)
- How to make soft, spreadable cheese
- How to make sourdough bread
- How to bake with sprouted flour
- How to make naturally pickled foods
If not for Traditional Cooking School, I would still be over 200 pounds...
"If not for Traditional Cooking School, I would be sitting in front of a television trying to get up energy to prepare foods at home. I would still be over 200 pounds and very depressed. (I have cut back on most all my medications and I’m breathing better and have better stamina.) My grandson would not be excelling in school as he is now and would not have the energy to play outdoors like he does. My son-by-love is working the farm and building our home and teaching me so much." ~Debbie L., Mansfield, MO
Course 2: Fundamentals of Traditional Cooking II
Now it’s time to take your skills up a notch. This course will teach you how to turn your individual Traditional Cooking skills into complete, down-home-satisfying meals that delight the whole family.
Specifically, you will learn:
- How to create warm, nourishing, center-of-the-plate delights using wild and pastured meats, organ meats, dark stocks and fish stocks,
- How to prepare grains to cancel out anti-nutrients and unlock the super-power nutrients hidden inside,
- How to strategically add super foods, vegetables, homemade salad dressings and sauces to enhance the healthy benefits of the meats you serve (Once you know the secrets of combining foods, the kitchen becomes your playground.)
- How to make ghee -- on the stove or in the crock pot, it’s up to you,
- How to stock your Traditional Kitchen with tools that reduce preparation time, won’t react negatively with your food, and make clean-up a breeze. (Don’t worry. Most of the equipment is inexpensive, easy to find, and will last a lifetime.)
- How to make naturally sweetened desserts,
- Exactly how to add healthy fats and real salt to your family meals (Are you getting mixed messages about fat and salt? I debunk the myths and take the fear out of cooking with these unfairly villainized ingredients. Plus, I give you my top 3 recommendations for the best salts and exclusive discount coupons so that you can start enjoying flavorful, satisfying meals again.)
- How to make healthy snacks that the kids actually want to eat (and won’t spoil their appetites for dinner),
- How to handle corn -- that is a special case that you don’t want to miss,
- How to travel with real foods (If you’ve ever had to miss out on an important dinner because the restaurant didn’t serve anything you could eat, then this lesson is for you),
- Plus, a bonus! -- an entire video lesson is devoted to preparing tender, grass-fed, BBQ steak (a treat for the steak-and-potato lover in your home).
You made the transition easier...
"You’ve helped make this transition easier... as trying to go through it on my own was very confusing. Having your classes gives me the focus and the guidance I need." ~Billie Y.
Course 3: Sourdough A to Z
This course is based on one simple idea: Imagine if 5 expert, traditional cooks invited you over for tea and blessed you with all of their secrets for creating healthy, delicious breads that thrill the pickiest eater, satisfy the biggest eater, and support the healthiest eater, all while honoring a frugal budget, fitting into a busy lifestyle and bringing your family closer together.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to start and care for your sourdough starter — the easy, set-it-and-forget-it method anyone can use, How to make a Gluten Free starter
- Committed, practical or laissez-faire - What is your sourdough style? (Fit sourdough into your life the easy way)
- How to use spelt (ancient wheat) flour to drastically reduce gluten, while also baking light, fluffy loaves of bread
- The surprisingly healthy “left-overs” your starter will gladly eat (save money by making other foods do double duty as starter food)
- The “Bucket” method for creating a sourdough starter that raises itself (no more waiting overnight for your breads to rise)
- How to adapt any recipe to sourdough (and give new life to your favorite family meals)
- How to make tender, mild and sweet breads for every diet (gluten- friendly or gluten-free, all diets are sourdough compatible)
- How to dehydrate and preserve a starter (save some, give some to a friend, and have some ready just in case you want to quickly refresh your “mother” starter)
Here are just a few of the recipes you’ll find in the Sourdough course:
- Golden Fluffy-Beyond-Your-Wildest-Dreams Pancakes (no more slaving over a hot griddle - this one 10” pancake will feed your whole family)
- Espresso Chocolate Cake with Coconut Butter Cream Frosting (an easy-to-serve gourmet delight with down-home charm)
- No-Knead Sourdough Bread (the classic recipe updated for today’s busy lifestyles)
- The Famous Better-Sit-Down-Before-You-Try-Them Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls (make any day feel like a celebration)
- Celebration Crepes (layer this french treat with berries and homemade cream cheese for delightful crepe “cakes”)
- Plus, muffins, tortillas and tortilla chips, spelt sandwich bread, english muffins, crackers, pizza crust, honey whole wheat bread, gingerbread, pasta, pocket bread, corn bread and fritters, donuts, biscuits, pot pie, scones
- And 2 bonus lessons -- Sourdough cookies and even, Bisquick-inspired “impossible” pies!
"The Sourdough lessons have been just amazing. I had enjoyed baking with sourdough for over a year, but now I feel a new inspiration and love finding all the wonderful things that I can do." ~Millie C.
Course 4: Cultured Dairy and Simple Cheeses
Does dairy give you tummy trouble? Once you know the secrets of how to prepare dairy for maximum flavor and easy digestion, you are well on your way to enjoying milk again.
In this course you will learn how to make cheeses, drinks, spreads and sauces that unlock the power of milk’s fat-soluble vitamins, probiotics, and healthy fats.
The beneficial organisms that you add during the culturing process cause an explosion of life-affirming vitamins, minerals and enzymes that you can’t get from any other food or cooking process. It’s truly a cornerstone to healthy living.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to make sour cream, creme fraiche and whole-milk buttermilk
- How to make cultured butter and buttermilk
- How to make clabbered milk and cheese
- How to make traditional yogurt and just-like-the store yogurt
- Ways to enjoy kefir — includes recipes for kefir cream and kefir ice cream, kefir cheese and cheese balls
- How to make ricotta, soft cheese, cottage cheese, feta, middle eastern fresh cheese, queso fresco, fresh cheddar, and traditional mozzarella
- How to propagate mother cultures
- Plus, 3 bonus videos! — How to wax cheese, how to mold and shape soft cheese, and how to make cultured, flavored cream cheese.
Food that heals and nourishes...
"You’ve shown me how to transform our food from something we eat into something that heals and nourishes our bodies. I love being able to prepare healthy foods with my family… Praise the Lord for His beautiful ways!" ~Michelle P.
Course 5: Lacto-Fermentation
Did your Grandmother serve pickles for dinner? Long before the grocery store sold pickles in glass jars, moms knew that serving homemade pickles at dinner time was a great way to top off a meal and stop tummy aches before they started.
In this course you will learn how to “pickle” foods to make them more nutritious, stay fresh longer, and taste even better by letting the food develop its own complex flavors and pleasing textures.
As a bonus, properly fermented foods contain vitamins, enzymes, and active cultures — which help your gut, your immune system, and your digestion. Since 80% of your immune system is in your gut, serving “pickled” foods is one of the best things you can do to help your family stay healthy during cold and flu season.
In this course, you will learn:
- How and why lacto-fermentation is so good for you and your family (I am especially fond of this topic since I wrote the Complete Idiot’s Guide to Lacto-Fermentation. I hope to share my passion with you.)
- How to ferment fruits — whole fruits, chutneys and preserves
- How to ferment veggies — krauts, pickles, salsas and relishes
- How to make your own mayo, mustard, ketchup, horseradish and hummus
- How to make kombucha, kvass, natural sodas and advanced water kefir
- How to make bean paste, natto and tempeh
- How to make clabbered milk, cultured butter, yogurt and soft cheeses
- How to pickle fish, eggs, lacto-ferment red meat and cure olives
- How to create a simple sourdough starter that you can use on a moment’s notice to whip up a batch of homemade pancakes, waffles, and crepes (there’s also some advanced recipes here for days when you have a little more time)
- How to plan probiotic meals
- Simple no-fail formulas that will have you turning out lacto-fermented foods using your imagination and whatever happens to be in season
- Plus, a bonus lesson! — Fermented honey (raw honey is great, but watch what happens when you add the benefits of fermentation. Amazing.)
Up a few notches...
"You’ve shown me that what I thought was a healthy way of eating could be stepped up a notch. OK, a few notches." ~Wendy N.
Course 6: Dehydrating
Do you want to give your family peak-season freshness, flavor and nutrition even during the bleak winter months? Then this course is for you.
You will learn how to dehydrate every food group — fruits, veggies, broth, meats, beans, grains, eggs, dairy, herbs, and mother cultures — and then bring them back to full richness, flavor and vitality whenever you want a quick, nutritious meal.
Why does this matter? Well, if you’ve ever tried to buy grocery store tomatoes in February, you know they look like plastic and taste like rubber erasers. No wonder most kids say they hate tomatoes!
- Store well at room temperature for long periods of time
- Retain vitamins, enzymes, and other nutrients
- Require less time and energy to preserve than other cooking methods
- Are lightweight and portable (this is handy for camping and traveling with real foods, especially if you have a large family and can’t bring your entire garden along)
- Plus, they’re fun to make and taste great!
In this course, you will learn:
- Why dehydration is often the best choice for preserving the health and vitality of your food
- What tools and equipment are best
- How to dehydrate and where to get the best foods for dehydration
- How to store your freshly dehydrated food
- How to dehydrate fruit — sliced, whole, candied and fruit leather
- How to dehydrate vegetables — sliced, diced, shredded, powdered, pureed, and mashed
- How to dehydrate herbs, beans, grains, eggs, dairy, broth and stock
- How to dehydrate meats — jerky, pre-cooked and raw liver
- How to dehydrate mother cultures — sourdough and other lacto-fermentations
- How to cook with dried foods — breakfast, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts
- How to make trail foods for hiking and camping
- How to ferment dried foods
- Plus, a bonus lesson! — I have even included a special recipe for Kombucha Scoby Jerky. Yummy.
Traditional cooking resource...
"I love the resource you are to cooking traditionally!" ~Lori P.
Course 7: Real Food Kids
Who does the cooking around your house? Would you like to take the day off from time to time? Would you like to have confidence, that your children will be able to cook their own healthy meals now and when they grow up?
This course will help you create your own Family Kitchen that churns out amazing food, laughter, silly songs, and life-long healthy cooking skills.
The course is based on one simple idea: “Everyone eats, everyone cooks.”
You will learn how to:
- Create your own inspiring cooking philosophy for your Family Kitchen (All you have to do is answer a few simple questions and then press “go” on your computer screen. The computer creates a frame-worthy piece of art that the whole family can enjoy.)
- Develop routines that work for every child at every age
- Help the kids develop a healthy approach to kitchen safety
- Help the kids recognize real foods. If it comes from a box or a can, it’s probably not real food! But you already knew that. ;-)
- Develop your unique teaching style (Plus, how to hold onto your grace and patience when all chaos breaks loose… it happens.)
- Choose the best kitchen tools and gadgets for kids (and instantly spot which ones to avoid at all costs)
- Organize your Family Kitchen to be kid-friendly (Hint: We keep our drinking cups in the bottom drawer. Why? So that the toddler can help by putting water glasses on the table. It looks weird but it works.)
- Turn kitchen “chores” into enjoyable acts of kindness and service
- Set up kids of all ages for cooking success: Babies and Toddlers; Swing Cooks (ages 3-6); Line Cooks (ages 7-11); Sous Chefs (ages 12-15); and Head Chefs (ages 16-18)
- Let the kids succeed on their own in the Family Kitchen creating kid-friendly breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks and desserts (These meals are easy for kids to make, nutritious and enjoyable for the whole family to eat — rarely do you find a kids’ cooking book or class that has all 3 of these qualities. If you’ve ever been guilt-tripped into tasting a Spaghetti-o muffin, you know what I’m talking about.)
- Plus, a bonus class called Napkin Origami and Folding — Sometimes there are just too many cooks in the kitchen. Keep the kids busy decorating the dinner table with beautiful and functional napkin decorations. (This is perfect for the child who is too young to stir the big pot or who has already finished their cooking job and still wants to help impress Daddy.)
From the bottom of our hearts...
"I am learning things that I know will help my children. We can teach them how to use food the way God intended. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! This course is extremely timely, and, to be frank, an answer to prayer." ~Mary K.
Course 8: Allergy-Free Cooking
Does your child have a food allergy? Do you have to send special (often, boxed or pre-packaged) food with her to sleep-overs? Does she have to sit at the “peanut free” table at school?
This course shows you how to cook around your family’s food allergies and sensitivities while serving nutritious and delicious meals that give your child every possible advantage for healing from food sensitivities — all on a shoe-string budget.
In this course, you will learn:
- What Allergy Free Cooking is (what it isn’t) and how to reclaim your power in the kitchen
- The best tools and cooking equipment for your Allergy Free Kitchen (taught by real mothers who’ve been down this road before and know what’s at stake)
- How to cook Dairy Free: main dishes, side dishes, fermented foods, desserts, and homemade milk substitutes that taste as good (or better) than the dairy-full version. (Plus, you can say good-by to tummy aches and frantic phone calls from the school nurse.)
- How to cook Egg Free: homemade egg substitutes, desserts, and baked goods that are as light, fluffy and tender as anything you’d see in an artisan bakery.
- How to cook Gluten Free: breakfasts, main dishes, breads, baked goods, sourdough, and desserts that are easy to digest, stay fresh tasting, and look as beautiful and inviting as their gluten-full cousins.
- How to cook Grain Free: breakfasts, main dishes, breads, baked goods, and desserts that allow you to indulge in your love of comfort food without any of the consequences. Here’s your free pass to eat and feel happy.
- How to cook Sugar Free: desserts, beverages, fermented foods, jams and preserves. Give your taste buds a delicious sweet treat that won’t wreak havoc with your system.
- How to cook Nut Free: Eating nut-free doesn’t have to mean restrictive or boring — this lesson will show you how to cut out boredom, and ramp up the nutritional value of your favorite foods.
- How to work around special allergies; plus, I’ll show you the latest research and hope for breaking free from allergies.
- And, a bonus class! — Ancient Grains. This lesson will show you how to make breads that stand up to being slathered with your favorite spread, turned into sandwiches or enjoyed all on their own. Ancient grains are naturally low in gluten, easy to digest and (once you know the secret) are surprisingly easy to turn into bakery- beautiful loaves of bread.
Enjoying our food greatly...
"Our family is experiencing greater health and nutrition and enjoying our food greatly. My family is much less resistant to the changes in our diet since using your course. This is money well spent and I will continue to subscribe." ~Robin M.
Course 9: Cooking Outside
Want to do more cooking outside, beat the heat and make life more fun and interesting? Even simple meals taste better when cooked outdoors. The fresh air and the invigorating feeling of being outdoors really work up an appetite!
Plus, cooking outside helps slow the family down. My kids will sit around a fire and talk for hours, instead of barreling through 15 minutes of eating at the inside table. It is a great way to connect without having to plan a big vacation or outing.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to set up a complete outdoor kitchen on a shoe-string budget (You probably have most of what you need already hanging around the house.)
- Transform a portable roaster oven into an outdoor bakery oven… and make an ooey-gooey fruit cobbler
- Convert a dehydrator into a professional-quality yogurt maker… and make delicious, thick, raw milk yogurt from scratch
- How to hard “boil” eggs, and make tender baked potatoes in the crockpot
- How to bake sourdough english muffins in a roaster oven (I also share my secret for giving english muffins their cute shape without fussing with patting, rolling and cutting them out)
- How to cook in glass jars — make fun, whimsical, individual cheesecakes, muffins and savory foods. Glass jars hold up great to high heat and pressure, so you can stop worrying about keeping the cooking heat at a steady perfect temperature
- How to cook on a camp stove
- How to grill on direct and indirect heat
- How to cook over an open fire
- How to cook in a sun oven
- How to smoke meat — (This one is a favorite with all my kids.)
- And a few more bonus outdoor cooking techniques, too!
It has become my one and only Christmas gift...
"Many years I didn't think I could swing the payment to continue your classes… it has become my one and only Christmas gift from my family to me. I can't do anything else knowing how bad SAD (Standard American Diet) is. DH & my health continues to get better, and our 3 boys are extremely healthy..." ~Sherri M.
Course 10: Einkorn Baking
Grown by farmers over 5,000 years ago… Einkorn is civilization’s first wheat. It’s healthy and tasty — and my family loves it! Einkorn’s gentler, older form of gluten has a light nutty texture and no harsh “health food” flavor.
This is the wheat that families used long before hybridization, GMOs, and chemical processing. It’s as close as you can get to baking exactly like people did in ancient times. And now, careful, nurturing artisan farmers are bringing it back — growing it on their small family farms so that you can enjoy its flavors and health benefits.
After more than a year baking with Einkorn exclusively, I’m delighted to bring you a whole class on Einkorn Baking and share my tips and tricks with you.
In this course, you will learn:
- Why bake with Einkorn? Einkorn has half the phytic acid of modern wheat… and after soaking and souring… you’ve got a powerhouse grain that boosts mineral absorption, bakes into beautiful loaves, supports small farms with the highest artisan production standards, and tastes light and delicate… not at all like “health” food.
- How to use Einkorn… It is stickier than spelt, and easier on the tummy than modern wheat, however, Einkorn has its own quirks and personality. I’ll show you how to bring out Einkorn’s best flavors and how to substitute it into your favorite baking recipes.
- How to mill Einkorn and how to sift it to make the grains bake up into beautiful cakes, cookies and muffins. I'll even show you how to sprout it first to boost the nutrition!
- How to make an Einkorn sourdough starter from scratch or change over your existing flavorful starter to an even healthier version, without giving up the tangy sourdough flavor of your existing starter. I’ll also show you how to feed and care for your starter… just a couple simple steps and you’re on your way!
- How to make light, nutty breakfasts… pancakes, soaked blueberry-lemon muffins, traditional creamy porridge, and savory bacon-cheddar buttermilk biscuits. Yum!
- Special main dishes for lunch and dinner… grilled pizza, chilled Einkorn Grain Salad (for summer picnics), and more.
- How to make snacks that the kids love (and are fully approved by leading Einkorn growers)… mouth-watering scones, chewy dark-chocolate cherry-almond granola bars, and Einkorn Champion Crackers.
- Ready to dive into dessert? It’s all here: Cookies (with lots of variations), Banana Bread Muffins, and Raspberry-Chocolate Tea Cake.
- Breads galore! You’ll become a master Einkorn baker in no time with recipes like: No-Knead Bread, Sandwich Loaf & Dinner Rolls, and thick, soft, chewy, Indian flat bread – so delicious!
Course 11: Pressure Cooking I
Pressure cooking is so fast and efficient, and produces amazingly tender and moist foods. In this course, I'm showing you how to use traditional methods (like soaking) and whole food ingredients in your pressure cooking so it's also healthy!
And... fun is important, too, right? I believe we should LOVE what we do in the kitchen and savor the creativity and accomplishments. Pressure cooking allows us to do more with less. More in less time. More complicated dishes easily and with less mess.
To produce beautiful foods for our families to enjoy. And let's face it -- when our families are happy, we are happy!
To follow along with this course, you can use a "smart" pressure cooker like the Instant Pot or your trusty stovetop pressure cooker.
In this course, you will learn:
- What pressure cooking is... how it works
- Why pressure cooking is so great! Plus, fun!
- How to choose a pressure cooker… lots of options out there and you want to choose the right one for your family so that it will last you for years and years, as it should!
- What accessories you might consider to take your pressure cooking further... cheesecake or bread, anyone?
- How to combine the nourishing traditional practice of soaking beans and grains when using a pressure cooker... somehow this is something that most pressure cooks and cookbooks skip but it's oh-so-important!
- How to use your pressure cooker to create all kinds of delicious dishes and meals... from breakfasts and sides to main dishes and even desserts and breads!
- How to safely use a pressure cooker... we don't want any accidents!
- How to care for and maintain your pressure cooker
- How to store your pressure cooker so it's ready to for next time... frustration-free is the key!
- How to use a pressure cooker indoors and outdoors
- Recipes for soups, stews, roast, breads, cheesecake and other desserts, jam, and oh-so-much more!
- How to use "stacking" to cook multiple foods that you don't want to mix at the same time... exactly how to do it so your softest foods don't turn to mush while the foods that need more cook time turn out perfectly done!
Course 12: Pressure Cooking II
We had so much fun with Pressure Cooking I, that we decided to offer Pressure Cooking II...
More fast & healthy pressure-cooked breakfasts, side dishes, main dishes, desserts, bread, and even celebrations!
Once again, this course features the electric pressure cooker called the Instant Pot, yet you can use any electric or stovetop pressure cooker!
In this course, you will learn:
- More fast & healthy pressure-cooked recipes for yummy breakfasts, side dishes, main dishes, desserts, bread, and even special celebrations!
- How to convert slow cooked recipes to pressure cooking
- Updates to pressure cooking and fun accessories... (like the Bundt pan that made the chocolate sourdough cake above)
- And much more!
Course 13: Cooking For Women's Health
You asked for this one... Coming September 2017...
We are traveling far and wide to bring you guest experts — like Penny Lane, CNM, DNP (pictured here with TCS teacher Haniya & Haniya's baby boy) — to answer your questions about Women's Health from a God-glorifying, healthy perspective.
To help you implement all the foundational, natural health info, we'll get in the kitchen to share gobs of recipes and DIY tips! You'll also hear healing stores from women of all ages.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to use herbs, essential oils to support health, hormones and female issues — lots of DIY recipes you can make at home!
- Learn how to nourish the female body with the right foods, vitamins, and minerals (including lots of easy recipes!)
- Explore healthy habits such as exercise, rest and dry brushing — helping you reduce stress and toxins so you're healthier and happier!
- Learn what your daughter needs to know about her cycle before it starts! And then help to prepare for when it does by exploring natural menstrual products like cloth pads and other alternatives.
- Learn when to see the doctor — should you be getting mammograms, pap smears, and/or pelvic exams? How often?
- Explore natural options for birth control that don't wreak havoc on your hormones...
- Learn how to balance hormones naturally... and avoid pharmaceutical products that cause more harm than good!
- Look into healthy sexuality... with real food "tools" to support intimate, happy, and joyful monogamous relationships.
- Learn how to relieve PMS naturally — again, lots of DIY recipes and tips headed your way in this topic!
- Dive into natural ways to balance blood sugar and improve insulin resistance.
- Explore natural remedies for female issues such as PCOS, endometriosis, adrenal fatigue, thyroid disease, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and others...
- Discuss natural pregnancy and birth choices... plus hear the birth stories from your TCS teachers. :)
- Learn how your hormones change during pregnancy, and which traditional foods and supplements promote a healthy, happy pregnancy.
- Learn more about the natural remedies that can help "balance" a pregnant mama — such as chiropractic care, morning sickness remedies, help for stretch marks, and more!
- Shed new light on the beauty of breastfeeding — including how to ensure a good latch and provide the right nutrition for an abundant milk supply!
- Explore other issues that happen after giving birth — such as diastasis recti, constipation, and postpartum depression. Lots recipes and balanced tips here!
- Find out what hormonal changes happen in the years leading up to menopause — and learn natural ways to ensure those years (which are painful for many) are joyful and empowering instead! (Yes, we'll discuss natural ways to balance hormones and reduce symptoms!)
- Learn how to make natural, non-toxic, even edible homemade makeup!
- And much, much more!