Attention: Christian Families
Our Simple Weekly Menu Plans, Easy Step-By-Step Traditional Cooking Tutorials, And Private Online Fellowship Will Help You Make Healthy Foods Your Family LOVES To Eat!
You're Just One Meal Away...
Take heart! You're just one meal away from honoring God with whole food recipes that follow His design... so you and your family can "look good, feel good, do good!"... whether you've got allergies, sensitivities, eczema, low energy, hormone issues, or just because you feel it's the right thing to do!
As A Premium Member of Traditional Cooking School, You Get:
If only we could keep healthy food on the table without spending all day slaving in the kitchen, right? Yet healthy-from-scratch-cooking is often complicated, confusing, or takes too long.
Enter Traditional Cooking School...
It's custom-made for busy moms so you can delight your family with delicious, nutritious meals that are simple and easy-to-make! Yes, even if you're working around food allergies or special diets!
As a Traditional Cooking School member, you get:
- Unlimited 24/7 access to all our 300+ hands-on video demonstrations and printable tutorials, organized in 15+ clear, simple eCourses. (To avoid overwhelm, start with Fundamentals eCourse. The rest will be waiting for you when you're ready!) Plus, links to our private group to ask your questions, as well as links to helpful community resources.
- The New Member Orientation eCourse is waiting for you upon your first login! Take this quick course to help guide you through navigating the member's area (and get 3 free gifts for completing it).
- Tons of exclusive, original recipes specially prepared for our Traditional Cooking School members.
- Complete weekly done-for-you menu plans. Every Friday, you receive a complete menu plan for 3 dinners, 1 breakfast, 1 dessert, and 1 fermented food. Each menu plan comes complete with simple preparation steps, a printable shopping list, a weekly schedule (to help you decide what to make and when to serve it), and a heart-warming family devotional.
- Complimentary access to any of our Accountability Challenges. We host these frequently and while those in our wider audience can join for $49 to $99, members get to partake for FREE! In our Challenges, you get daily videos, tasks, and worksheets; the opportunity to earn points for the Challenge-end prize drawings; access to a private group hopping with Challenge activity; plus the daily accountability that will help you gain confidence in cooking and joy in knowing you're serving God and your family at the highest level!
- A complete Traditional Cooking Lifestyle Makeover, free with your membership! (Get your family’s new Traditional Cooking Lifestyle featured at the monthly Roundtable Meeting or delivered by private email, it’s up to you.)
- Unlimited access to our active private, members-only group. Need help with any of the techniques or recipes? The private group is a supportive learning network of other traditional cooks just like you. It is a fun place to fellowship, visit and connect with other Traditional Cooking School members world-wide. By the way, this private group is on our own site, not on social media! We do this because it's best for everyone's privacy and also to keep your learning experience distraction-free!
- An exclusive, private invitation to the Cooking Masters Roundtable Meeting — Ask Wardee your stickiest questions about traditional cooking, techniques or challenges; and she will answer them live on the monthly call.
- Monthly drawings for free tools, ingredients, and cooking services that elevate your Traditional Cooking skills to the professional leagues (Hint: Wardee awards the prizes at the Roundtable Meetings, so make sure you’re on the call live!).
- On-going, first-responder access to new video lessons, audios, and printable tutorials — you get first dibs on fresh new techniques, recipes, ideas and inspiration as soon as they’re released.
- A steep 40%-off Members-Only Discount on all of our eBooks. Each eBook sells to other customers for $48+, but you get first pick of your favorite eBooks for 40% OFF!
Plus, 2 special Monthly Bonuses:
- Bonus #1: We lovingly call this one your "Thank-You Video" — it’s our way of saying “thank-you” for being a member. Our monthly bonus Thank-You Videos spill the beans on tasty recipes, charming handicrafts, homesteading ideas and DIY projects. We hold nothing back! (Many of our students report that this is their favorite part of Traditional Cooking School.) Value $10... each month you're a member!
- Bonus #2: The monthly Accelerator eBooklet — a collection of recipes and articles to help you master traditional cooking faster and make your meals even tastier. Value $7... each month you're a member!
Success Story: How Traditional Cooking School Member Maureen "Accidentally" Lost 100 Pounds!
Maureen feels great and lost over 100 pounds using traditional foods... without even trying!
Maureen Valdivia has Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
It is a condition that tells the thyroid to produce too little of the thyroid hormone. It also causes weight gain.
As you can see, she has undergone an amazing transformation. What’s her secret? Traditional Cooking School!
In Maureen's own words...
"I cannot tell you how "at home" I felt in Traditional Cooking School's classes. Wardee's presentations were "from the heart" and I could tell she just wanted to help others.
And guess what happened? Though I wasn't trying to lose weight during this exciting time, I lost 100 pounds without even trying. I was following what I learned from Wardee with a particular focus on a gut-healing diet. My symptoms started improving then and I am still improving to this day. I don't feel sick all the time, my brain fog is practically gone, I have my energy back, and my monthly female cycles are so much better. These classes were the turning point for me."
Maureen suffered for more than 10 years with worsening symptoms of Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. Conventional medicine couldn’t help her and made her feel worse.
So she began her own healing journey with the Traditional Cooking School methods we teach. Today, Maureen is feeling oh-so-much-better with improved energy and mental clarity — and she lost 100 pounds without even trying!
Isn’t that just awesome? We are so, so happy for Maureen. Look at the joy on her face!
Hi and welcome!
I’m Wardee: a wife, mom of three, grandmother to one (so far!), traditional cook in Idaho, and lead teacher at Traditional Cooking School.
Cooking and being healthy wasn’t always easy for me... in fact, I’m going to share some stories now that make me look... a little stupid. Or at least silly!
My story begins back in the 80s, when I was a young teenager. Even that early in life, I was struggling with being the "big-boned" slightly chubby girl. While my sister, just about a year younger, was trim, fit, and cute.
One summer at a family reunion, we were having sandwiches at the river and there weren’t quite enough to go around. A well-intentioned aunt made this comment: ”Oh, she only needs HALF a sandwich so she can maintain her girlish figure.”
She was talking about my sister, not me. I was the fat one. My sister was the one with the figure.
You can imagine that I was jealous of my sister, even though I loved her.
And I really hated myself. I wanted to be smaller, thinner, fitter like she was.
I knew that it simply wasn't going to get any better unless I did something about it. And I did, just like you're about to today with what I’m sharing...
However, even though I knew I was ready for a change, I was totally on the wrong track.
I fully bought into the "low-fat" messaging in magazines, TV, and books. Hook, line, and sinker. And since fat was mostly in meat, I declared to my parents that I wasn't going to eat any more meat and that I was going to be a vegetarian.
I was so afraid of fat! One summer, my cousin Greg visited, and jokingly threatened to add olive oil to the mashed potatoes. I was horrified! He backed off. :-)
In addition to eating hardly any fat or meat, and not eating very much at all, I exercised a lot. I started out with walking 5 or 6 miles a day. And then worked my way up to running that distance. At least once a day, sometimes twice.
And did I achieve my goal of being trim and fit? Yes, I did. By the time I headed to college, I was a “skinny-mini”. I had achieved my life-long goal of being thin...
Yet There Was A Price To Pay...
Even though I got what I wanted, I didn't feel so good.
I had very low energy, my hair was falling out, my female cycle stopped, I was getting horrible headaches nearly every day... and then I caught mono.
Not from kissing, mind you, because I was a “good” girl!
I probably picked it up from somewhere like the dorm bathroom. Anyway, I think I was susceptible because my immune system was so depressed.
So even though I enjoyed college, in many ways it was downright awful because of how bad I felt most of the time. I had trouble staying awake in class and those headaches really got to me. Yet I kept up my "healthy" habits throughout college because it was the only way I'd ever gotten skinny and I was determined to stay that way!
Shortly after college graduation, I got married to my husband Jeff. That was in the 90s and we are still happily married today. When I was pregnant with our first child, I began to crave meat. Like really crave it!
Plus I had read about the body's protein needs (especially during pregnancy). So I began eating meat again, especially Wendy's chicken nuggets. We tell our daughter that she was made of chicken nuggets and we still call her "nugget" to this day. She's all grown up now with a husband and baby of her own, yet the nickname stuck! She’s our Nugget and always will be! Here she is...
And you know what? Because of the small change of eating protein and fat again, I began to feel a little better... and I made a healthy baby. :)
Yet I still wasn't there yet (and neither was our growing family). Because even though we ate meat and fat, I didn't pay any attention to the quality of our food, or to how it was prepared, both of which make a huge difference to your health.
Fast Forward To Three Children...
By time we had all three children (this was nearly 20 years ago), we were all struggling with health issues. Like food allergies and sensitivities, seasonal allergies, low energy, and other things. This is when our kids were very little.
It was especially bad with our third child, our son.
Within hours of birth, his skin erupted with itchy, red rashes all over his body. His knees, elbows and face were the worst. Instead of glowing with new baby freshness (like our other two children), he looked (and felt) miserable in his own skin.
We searched everywhere for a solution.
Pediatricians and allergists gave us steroid creams, but I didn't want to use them, and his eczema got worse anyway.
I wondered, “Was our house making our baby sick?”
I attacked the cabinets. All chemicals, fragrances and toxins were banished. And I spent a small fortune on the finest non-toxic and fragrance-free cleaners and personal products.
Our son’s skin continued to get worse. 2-1/2 years went by.
Trying to get through each day with 2 young daughters, and a tiny son covered with red, angry, itchy rashes was a really, really hard!
eczema everywhere for two-and-a-half years... cheeks, elbows, knees, tummy, backside... =(
In desperation, we tried different diets. And we learned that when we ate high-quality whole foods like free-range, organic chicken, grass-fed beef, wild caught fish, pastured eggs, and healthy fats like butter and olive oil, his eczema totally disappeared and his baby soft skin appeared!
We also experimented with old-fashioned food techniques, the same ones mentioned in the Bible, like sourdough and culturing, and discovered that not only did our son's skin stay clear, but our gluten-sensitive and dairy-sensitive children could eat true sourdough bread and raw and/or cultured milk without any trouble.
Our family became healthier and happier than we'd ever been. And my husband and I, we felt great joy knowing that embracing God's foods honored Him as well as made us well.
The result? Our son didn't have eczema anymore and no one got sick anymore, either! (Literally, the kids have never, ever gotten another ear infection, sinus infection, or anything else like that at all. Not a single one since in nearly 20 years!)
I was a life-long sufferer from debilitating seasonal allergies and I’ve been free from the sniffles for more than five years now. I’m also able to maintain a healthy weight and support my hormones.
By the way, when I say healthy weight... I don't mean super skinny like I used to desire. I don’t want that any more. I’d rather be strong and healthy with curves rather than be stick thin! And to be honest, I think sooo many women would feel more freedom if they changed their perspective on this, too!
Today our home is filled with more joy than I could have ever dreamed possible. My husband and I both work from home. Over the years, we homeschooled all 3 kids, then our oldest daughter got married, and... today we have a happy, healthy grandson toddling around. My heart is bursting!
And I have dedicated my life to sharing this one simple message: The healthiest foods are... GNOWFGLINS!
GNOWFGLINS is an acronym my husband made up that stands for “God’s Natural Organic Whole Foods Grown Locally In Season”.
You see, when we first began sharing online back in 2010, we didn’t know what to call what we were doing. So we took all the important key words and put their first letters down on a piece of paper and moved them around on the table until my husband came up with... GNOWFGLINS.
I admit, I didn't like it right away. I had to sleep on it. The next morning, though, I woke and said to him, "Let's do it! Let's go with GNOWFGLINS!"
I'm glad I did because it captures everything about our way of life and way of eating.
GNOWFGLINS are what we eat, and we teach GNOWFGLINS and their preparation to others through our Traditional Cooking School!
Our mission is to help you simply, quickly, and easily bless your family with good health, vibrancy and energy by using the GNOWFGLINS techniques taught in my online Traditional Cooking School, so that you can embrace every good thing that God has designed for you and your family.
Our favorite recipes come from you…
"Thank you!! As I was making our monthly menu plan yesterday, I realized that a big majority of our recipes now come from Traditional Cooking School! Thank you for this service! I have a family of picky eaters, and yet some of our absolute favorite meals have come from you. Awesome!! :)" ~Heather C., CA
Since 2010, I have taught my Traditional Cooking methods to 10,750 families all over the world.
My methods have helped so many families that a major publisher asked me to write a book: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Fermenting Foods. What an honor!
And now, I spend my time restoring long-lost recipes and teaching moms how to use Traditional Cooking techniques and GNOWFGLINS foods to bless their families every day with healthy food they love to eat.
And psst... moms get blessed themselves when they save a whole bunch of time and angst following my easy methods!
Ready to get started or want more info? Great. Keep reading for the whole scoop on what's waiting for you and your family with GNOWFGLINS inside Traditional Cooking School!
Psst.... and when you join, I'll send out your FREE "look good, feel good, do good" 100% cotton t-shirt right away! (There's info on that down below, too.)
God bless you and your family!
GNOWFGLINS Founder & Traditional Cooking School's Lead Teacher
I've made more changes here in 5 weeks than in the past whole year on my own...
"I am 5 weeks into Traditional Cooking School, and I just wanted to say I'm so happy I joined. I've made more changes in my diet and tried more new things than I did in the whole year I was trying to transition to traditional foods on my own. It's really made the connection for me between nutritional information and how that equates to what I should serve for dinner and how to properly prepare it. Thanks so much, Wardee!" ~Lynn S., WI
And You Get A FREE T-Shirt That Shares How God's Foods Help Us "Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good"!
"Look good, feel good, do good..." There's not a better slogan to live by as you're learning how to naturally and healthfully nourish your body through all its ages and stages!
Because this is what often happens as we care for ourselves through nourishing GNOWFGLINS foods!
Remember, GNOWFGLINS are the foods we strive to eat for God's glory because He designed them for us — "God's Natural, Organic, Whole Foods, Grown Locally, In Season".
- First, look good: although God doesn't promise that we'll have earthly beauty, when we eat well, our appearance often improves... with such things as our skin's tone, our hair's new growth and sheen, perhaps weight loss, and just an overall healthier glow. Those around us can't help but notice, too!
- Second, feel good: also, we tend to get more energy and focus, our digestion improves, hormones balance, and many other healing changes take place on the inside.
- Finally, do good: these healing changes empower us to better serve and nurture our family and friends as our heart's truly desire to do... all for God's glory!
To help you keep this idea front and center (literally!), I'm sending you a FREE 100% cotton t-shirt that will remind you and your family that eating GNOWFGLINS for God's glory can help us "look good, feel good, and do good"!
And if anyone says, "GNOWFGLINS? What?" you can turn around and show them the back of your t-shirt... it explains what GNOWFGLINS means. They're the foods we eat! — "God's Natural, Organic, Whole Foods, Grown Locally, In Season"
This t-shirt is completely free (even free shipping) with your membership in Traditional Cooking School! Retail value: $25.
Psst... we ordered sample after sample of t-shirts and discarded most in our quest for the comfiest t-shirt. In the end, we chose the one we're sending you (pictured here). It's a super-soft 100% cotton that feels so good... I am pretty sure you will love wearing it as much as I do! <3
Members Get 24/7 Instant Access!
Which Life-Giving Course Do You Want To Enjoy First?
Traditional Cooking School is organized into 14+ clear, simple modules: Fundamentals of Traditional Cooking I & II, Sourdough, Cultured Dairy and Cheese, Lacto-Fermentation, Dehydrating, Real Food Kids, Allergy-Free Cooking, Cooking Outside, Einkorn Baking, Pressure Cooking I & II, Women's Health, and Healthy Baby. Plus we are always adding new classes... and you get access because you're a member!
Here’s a quick taste of what you’ll learn in each online course... Take one, a few, or all of them... they're all waiting inside for you!
Psst.... to avoid overwhelm, start with the first course, the Fundamentals eCourse. The rest will be waiting for you when you're ready!
Course 1: Fundamentals of Traditional Cooking I
This course is the foundation of all Traditional Cooking.
The skills in this course were carefully selected to give you a sturdy jumping-off place into the world of Traditional Cooking and a behind-the-scenes peek into how real moms create healthy, nourishing meals that honor God and family.
- Why Traditional Cooking School exists and why it is a trusted resource for thousands of members
- How to soak whole grains, nuts and seeds — cancel out anti-nutrients and unlock the super-power nutrients hidden inside (plus, it just tastes better)
- How to make soaked whole-grain flour baked goods
- How to soak and cook dry beans
- A no-fail method for sprouting beans and whole grains
- How to cook chicken and make chicken stock
- How to make skillet dinners — this dependable formula will save dinner on a busy night.
- How to make water kefir and dairy kefir (Here’s how to wean the kids off soda and introduce a delicious, naturally sweet drink that’s good for them.)
- How to make soft, spreadable cheese
- How to make sourdough bread
- How to bake with sprouted flour
- How to make naturally pickled foods
If not for Traditional Cooking School, I would still be over 200 pounds...
"If not for Traditional Cooking School, I would be sitting in front of a television trying to get up energy to prepare foods at home. I would still be over 200 pounds and very depressed. (I have cut back on most all my medications and I’m breathing better and have better stamina.) My grandson would not be excelling in school as he is now and would not have the energy to play outdoors like he does. My son-by-love is working the farm and building our home and teaching me so much." ~Debbie L., Mansfield, MO
Course 2: Fundamentals of Traditional Cooking II
Now it’s time to take your skills up a notch. This course will teach you how to turn your individual Traditional Cooking skills into complete, down-home-satisfying meals that delight the whole family.
Specifically, You Will Learn:
- How to create warm, nourishing, center-of-the-plate delights using wild and pastured meats, organ meats, dark stocks and fish stocks,
- How to prepare grains to cancel out anti-nutrients and unlock the super-power nutrients hidden inside,
- How to strategically add super foods, vegetables, homemade salad dressings and sauces to enhance the healthy benefits of the meats you serve (Once you know the secrets of combining foods, the kitchen becomes your playground.)
- How to make ghee — on the stove or in the crock pot, it’s up to you,
- How to stock your Traditional Kitchen with tools that reduce preparation time, won’t react negatively with your food, and make clean-up a breeze. (Don’t worry. Most of the equipment is inexpensive, easy to find, and will last a lifetime.)
- How to make naturally sweetened desserts,
- Exactly how to add healthy fats and real salt to your family meals (Are you getting mixed messages about fat and salt? I debunk the myths and take the fear out of cooking with these unfairly villainized ingredients. Plus, I give you my top 3 recommendations for the best salts and exclusive discount coupons so that you can start enjoying flavorful, satisfying meals again.)
- How to make healthy snacks that the kids actually want to eat (and won’t spoil their appetites for dinner),
- How to handle corn — that is a special case that you don’t want to miss,
- How to travel with real foods (If you’ve ever had to miss out on an important dinner because the restaurant didn’t serve anything you could eat, then this lesson is for you),
- Plus, a bonus! — an entire video lesson is devoted to preparing tender, grass-fed, BBQ steak (a treat for the steak-and-potato lover in your home).
My son saw we're not just pulling the wool over his eyes LOL
"I was able to prepare a soup for our son that returned home from technical school & was not feeling so well. It is a better version of a bone broth soup than I had been preparing. After eating it, he saw me catching up on some TCS classes and realized that the video I was watching (Fundamentals II) had much of the info about healthy soups. He realized I wasn't just pulling the wool over his eyes. LOL I used Bone broth as the base, added parsley, ginger, garlic, onions, leeks, carrots, celery, turmeric, oregano, and a couple of small potatoes, letting it all simmer. Next, strained all of that, put in the Vitamix and back into the soup with a can of coconut milk. Tasted like healing! We classify your videos as "legitimate" videos!" ~Sheila B.
Course 3: Sourdough A to Z
This course is based on one simple idea: Imagine if 5 expert, traditional cooks invited you over for tea and blessed you with all of their secrets for creating healthy, delicious breads that thrill the pickiest eater, satisfy the biggest eater, and support the healthiest eater, all while honoring a frugal budget, fitting into a busy lifestyle and bringing your family closer together.
In This Course, You Will Learn:
- How to start and care for your sourdough starter — the easy, set-it-and-forget-it method anyone can use, How to make a Gluten Free starter
- Committed, practical or laissez-faire — What is your sourdough style? (Fit sourdough into your life the easy way)
- How to use spelt (ancient wheat) flour to drastically reduce gluten, while also baking light, fluffy loaves of bread
- The surprisingly healthy “left-overs” your starter will gladly eat (save money by making other foods do double duty as starter food)
- The “Bucket” method for creating a sourdough starter that raises itself (no more waiting overnight for your breads to rise)
- How to adapt any recipe to sourdough (and give new life to your favorite family meals)
- How to make tender, mild and sweet breads for every diet (gluten- friendly or gluten-free, all diets are sourdough compatible)
- How to dehydrate and preserve a starter (save some, give some to a friend, and have some ready just in case you want to quickly refresh your “mother” starter)
Here are just a few of the recipes you’ll find in the Sourdough A to Z eCourse:
- Golden Fluffy-Beyond-Your-Wildest-Dreams Pancakes (no more slaving over a hot griddle - this one 10” pancake will feed your whole family)
- Espresso Chocolate Cake with Coconut Butter Cream Frosting (an easy-to-serve gourmet delight with down-home charm)
- No-Knead Sourdough Bread (the classic recipe updated for today’s busy lifestyles)
- The Famous Better-Sit-Down-Before-You-Try-Them Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls (make any day feel like a celebration)
- Celebration Crepes (layer this french treat with berries and homemade cream cheese for delightful crepe “cakes”)
- Plus, muffins, tortillas and tortilla chips, spelt sandwich bread, english muffins, crackers, pizza crust, honey whole wheat bread, gingerbread, pasta, pocket bread, corn bread and fritters, donuts, biscuits, pot pie, scones
- And 2 bonus lessons — Sourdough cookies and even, Bisquick-inspired “impossible” pies!
"The Sourdough lessons have been just amazing. I had enjoyed baking with sourdough for over a year, but now I feel a new inspiration and love finding all the wonderful things that I can do." ~Millie C.
Course 4: Cultured Dairy and Simple Cheeses
Does dairy give you tummy trouble? Once you know the secrets of how to prepare dairy for maximum flavor and easy digestion, you are well on your way to enjoying milk again.
In this course you will learn how to make cheeses, drinks, spreads and sauces that unlock the power of milk’s fat-soluble vitamins, probiotics, and healthy fats.
The beneficial organisms that you add during the culturing process cause an explosion of life-affirming vitamins, minerals and enzymes that you can’t get from any other food or cooking process. It’s truly a cornerstone to healthy living.
In This Course, You Will Learn:
- How to make sour cream, creme fraiche and whole-milk buttermilk
- How to make cultured butter and buttermilk
- How to make clabbered milk and cheese
- How to make traditional yogurt and just-like-the store yogurt
- Ways to enjoy kefir — includes recipes for kefir cream and kefir ice cream, kefir cheese and cheese balls
- How to make ricotta, soft cheese, cottage cheese, feta, middle eastern fresh cheese, queso fresco, fresh cheddar, and traditional mozzarella
- How to propagate mother cultures
- Plus, 3 bonus videos! — How to wax cheese, how to mold and shape soft cheese, and how to make cultured, flavored cream cheese.
Food that heals and nourishes...
"You’ve shown me how to transform our food from something we eat into something that heals and nourishes our bodies. I love being able to prepare healthy foods with my family… Praise the Lord for His beautiful ways!" ~Michelle P.
Course 5: Lacto-Fermentation
Did your Grandmother serve pickles for dinner? Long before the grocery store sold pickles in glass jars, moms knew that serving homemade pickles at dinner time was a great way to top off a meal and stop tummy aches before they started.
In this course you will learn how to “pickle” foods to make them more nutritious, stay fresh longer, and taste even better by letting the food develop its own complex flavors and pleasing textures.
As a bonus, properly fermented foods contain vitamins, enzymes, and active cultures — which help your gut, your immune system, and your digestion. Since 80% of your immune system is in your gut, serving “pickled” foods is one of the best things you can do to help your family stay healthy during cold and flu season.
In This Course, You Will Learn:
- How and why lacto-fermentation is so good for you and your family (I am especially fond of this topic since I wrote the Complete Idiot’s Guide to Lacto-Fermentation. I hope to share my passion with you.)
- How to ferment fruits — whole fruits, chutneys and preserves
- How to ferment veggies — krauts, pickles, salsas and relishes
- How to make your own mayo, mustard, ketchup, horseradish and hummus
- How to make kombucha, kvass, natural sodas and advanced water kefir
- How to make bean paste, natto and tempeh
- How to make clabbered milk, cultured butter, yogurt and soft cheeses
- How to pickle fish, eggs, lacto-ferment red meat and cure olives
- How to create a simple sourdough starter that you can use on a moment’s notice to whip up a batch of homemade pancakes, waffles, and crepes (there’s also some advanced recipes here for days when you have a little more time)
- How to plan probiotic meals
- Simple no-fail formulas that will have you turning out lacto-fermented foods using your imagination and whatever happens to be in season
- Plus, a bonus lesson! — Fermented honey (raw honey is great, but watch what happens when you add the benefits of fermentation. Amazing.)
"You’ve shown me that what I thought was a healthy way of eating could be stepped up a notch. OK, a few notches!" ~Wendy N.
Do you want to give your family peak-season freshness, flavor and nutrition even during the bleak winter months? Then this course is for you.
You will learn how to dehydrate every food group — fruits, veggies, broth, meats, beans, grains, eggs, dairy, herbs, and mother cultures — and then bring them back to full richness, flavor and vitality whenever you want a quick, nutritious meal.
Why does this matter? Well, if you’ve ever tried to buy grocery store tomatoes in February, you know they look like plastic and taste like rubber erasers. No wonder most kids say they hate tomatoes!
- Store well at room temperature for long periods of time
- Retain vitamins, enzymes, and other nutrients
- Require less time and energy to preserve than other cooking methods
- Are lightweight and portable (this is handy for camping and traveling with real foods, especially if you have a large family and can’t bring your entire garden along)
- Plus, they’re fun to make and taste great!
In This Course, You Will Learn:
- Why dehydration is often the best choice for preserving the health and vitality of your food
- What tools and equipment are best
- How to dehydrate and where to get the best foods for dehydration
- How to store your freshly dehydrated food
- How to dehydrate fruit — sliced, whole, candied and fruit leather
- How to dehydrate vegetables — sliced, diced, shredded, powdered, pureed, and mashed
- How to dehydrate herbs, beans, grains, eggs, dairy, broth and stock
- How to dehydrate meats — jerky, pre-cooked and raw liver
- How to dehydrate mother cultures — sourdough and other lacto-fermentations
- How to cook with dried foods — breakfast, main dishes, side dishes, and desserts
- How to make trail foods for hiking and camping
- How to ferment dried foods
- Plus, a bonus lesson! — I have even included a special recipe for Kombucha Scoby Jerky. Yummy.
I love the resource you are...
"I love the resource you are to cooking traditionally!" ~Lori P.
Who does the cooking around your house? Would you like to take the day off from time to time? Would you like to have confidence, that your children will be able to cook their own healthy meals now and when they grow up?
This course will help you create your own Family Kitchen that churns out amazing food, laughter, silly songs, and life-long healthy cooking skills.
The course is based on one simple idea: “Everyone eats, everyone cooks.”
- Create your own inspiring cooking philosophy for your Family Kitchen (All you have to do is answer a few simple questions and then press “go” on your computer screen. The computer creates a frame-worthy piece of art that the whole family can enjoy.)
- Develop routines that work for every child at every age
- Help the kids develop a healthy approach to kitchen safety
- Help the kids recognize real foods. If it comes from a box or a can, it’s probably not real food! But you already knew that. ;-)
- Develop your unique teaching style (Plus, how to hold onto your grace and patience when all chaos breaks loose… it happens.)
- Choose the best kitchen tools and gadgets for kids (and instantly spot which ones to avoid at all costs)
- Organize your Family Kitchen to be kid-friendly (Hint: We keep our drinking cups in the bottom drawer. Why? So that the toddler can help by putting water glasses on the table. It looks weird but it works.)
- Turn kitchen “chores” into enjoyable acts of kindness and service
- Set up kids of all ages for cooking success: Babies and Toddlers; Swing Cooks (ages 3-6); Line Cooks (ages 7-11); Sous Chefs (ages 12-15); and Head Chefs (ages 16-18)
- Let the kids succeed on their own in the Family Kitchen creating kid-friendly breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks and desserts (These meals are easy for kids to make, nutritious and enjoyable for the whole family to eat — rarely do you find a kids’ cooking book or class that has all 3 of these qualities. If you’ve ever been guilt-tripped into tasting a Spaghetti-o muffin, you know what I’m talking about.)
- Plus, a bonus class called Napkin Origami and Folding — Sometimes there are just too many cooks in the kitchen. Keep the kids busy decorating the dinner table with beautiful and functional napkin decorations. (This is perfect for the child who is too young to stir the big pot or who has already finished their cooking job and still wants to help impress Daddy.)
From the bottom of our hearts...
"I am learning things that I know will help my children. We can teach them how to use food the way God intended. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! This course is extremely timely, and, to be frank, an answer to prayer." ~Mary K.
Course 8: Allergy-Free Cooking
Does your child have a food allergy? Do you have to send special (often, boxed or pre-packaged) food with her to sleep-overs? Does she have to sit at the “peanut free” table at school?
This course shows you how to cook around your family’s food allergies and sensitivities while serving nutritious and delicious meals that give your child every possible advantage for healing from food sensitivities — all on a shoe-string budget.
In This Course, You Will Learn:
- What Allergy Free Cooking is (what it isn’t) and how to reclaim your power in the kitchen
- The best tools and cooking equipment for your Allergy Free Kitchen (taught by real mothers who’ve been down this road before and know what’s at stake)
- How to cook Dairy Free: main dishes, side dishes, fermented foods, desserts, and homemade milk substitutes that taste as good (or better) than the dairy-full version. (Plus, you can say good-by to tummy aches and frantic phone calls from the school nurse.)
- How to cook Egg Free: homemade egg substitutes, desserts, and baked goods that are as light, fluffy and tender as anything you’d see in an artisan bakery.
- How to cook Gluten Free: breakfasts, main dishes, breads, baked goods, sourdough, and desserts that are easy to digest, stay fresh tasting, and look as beautiful and inviting as their gluten-full cousins.
- How to cook Grain Free: breakfasts, main dishes, breads, baked goods, and desserts that allow you to indulge in your love of comfort food without any of the consequences. Here’s your free pass to eat and feel happy.
- How to cook Sugar Free: desserts, beverages, fermented foods, jams and preserves. Give your taste buds a delicious sweet treat that won’t wreak havoc with your system.
- How to cook Nut Free: Eating nut-free doesn’t have to mean restrictive or boring — this lesson will show you how to cut out boredom, and ramp up the nutritional value of your favorite foods.
- How to work around special allergies; plus, I’ll show you the latest research and hope for breaking free from allergies.
- And, a bonus class! — Ancient Grains. This lesson will show you how to make breads that stand up to being slathered with your favorite spread, turned into sandwiches or enjoyed all on their own. Ancient grains are naturally low in gluten, easy to digest and (once you know the secret) are surprisingly easy to turn into bakery- beautiful loaves of bread.
Enjoying our food greatly...
"Our family is experiencing greater health and nutrition and enjoying our food greatly. My family is much less resistant to the changes in our diet since using your course. This is money well spent and I will continue to subscribe." ~Robin M.
Course 9: Cooking Outside
Want to do more cooking outside, beat the heat and make life more fun and interesting? Even simple meals taste better when cooked outdoors. The fresh air and the invigorating feeling of being outdoors really work up an appetite!
Plus, cooking outside helps slow the family down. My kids will sit around a fire and talk for hours, instead of barreling through 15 minutes of eating at the inside table. It is a great way to connect without having to plan a big vacation or outing.
In This Course, You Will Learn:
- How to set up a complete outdoor kitchen on a shoe-string budget (You probably have most of what you need already hanging around the house.)
- Transform a portable roaster oven into an outdoor bakery oven… and make an ooey-gooey fruit cobbler
- Convert a dehydrator into a professional-quality yogurt maker… and make delicious, thick, raw milk yogurt from scratch
- How to hard “boil” eggs, and make tender baked potatoes in the crockpot
- How to bake sourdough english muffins in a roaster oven (I also share my secret for giving english muffins their cute shape without fussing with patting, rolling and cutting them out)
- How to cook in glass jars — make fun, whimsical, individual cheesecakes, muffins and savory foods. Glass jars hold up great to high heat and pressure, so you can stop worrying about keeping the cooking heat at a steady perfect temperature
- How to cook on a camp stove
- How to grill on direct and indirect heat
- How to cook over an open fire
- How to cook in a sun oven
- How to smoke meat — (This one is a favorite with all my kids.)
- And a few more bonus outdoor cooking techniques, too!
It has become my one and only Christmas gift...
"Many years I didn't think I could swing the payment to continue your classes… it has become my one and only Christmas gift from my family to me. I can't do anything else knowing how bad SAD (Standard American Diet) is. DH & my health continues to get better, and our 3 boys are extremely healthy..." ~Sherri M.
Course 10: Einkorn Baking
Grown by farmers over 5,000 years ago… Einkorn is civilization’s first wheat. It’s healthy and tasty — and my family loves it! Einkorn’s gentler, older form of gluten has a light nutty texture and no harsh “health food” flavor.
This is the wheat that families used long before hybridization, GMOs, and chemical processing. It’s as close as you can get to baking exactly like people did in ancient times. And now, careful, nurturing artisan farmers are bringing it back — growing it on their small family farms so that you can enjoy its flavors and health benefits.
After more than a year baking with Einkorn exclusively, I’m delighted to bring you a whole class on Einkorn Baking and share my tips and tricks with you.
In This Course, You Will Learn:
- Why bake with Einkorn? Einkorn has half the phytic acid of modern wheat… and after soaking and souring… you’ve got a powerhouse grain that boosts mineral absorption, bakes into beautiful loaves, supports small farms with the highest artisan production standards, and tastes light and delicate… not at all like “health” food.
- How to use Einkorn… It is stickier than spelt, and easier on the tummy than modern wheat, however, Einkorn has its own quirks and personality. I’ll show you how to bring out Einkorn’s best flavors and how to substitute it into your favorite baking recipes.
- How to mill Einkorn and how to sift it to make the grains bake up into beautiful cakes, cookies and muffins. I'll even show you how to sprout it first to boost the nutrition!
- How to make an Einkorn sourdough starter from scratch or change over your existing flavorful starter to an even healthier version, without giving up the tangy sourdough flavor of your existing starter. I’ll also show you how to feed and care for your starter… just a couple simple steps and you’re on your way!
- How to make light, nutty breakfasts… pancakes, soaked blueberry-lemon muffins, traditional creamy porridge, and savory bacon-cheddar buttermilk biscuits. Yum!
- Special main dishes for lunch and dinner… grilled pizza, chilled Einkorn Grain Salad (for summer picnics), and more.
- How to make snacks that the kids love (and are fully approved by leading Einkorn growers)… mouth-watering scones, chewy dark-chocolate cherry-almond granola bars, and Einkorn Champion Crackers.
- Ready to dive into dessert? It’s all here: Cookies (with lots of variations), Banana Bread Muffins, and Raspberry-Chocolate Tea Cake.
- Breads galore! You’ll become a master Einkorn baker in no time with recipes like: No-Knead Bread, Sandwich Loaf & Dinner Rolls, and thick, soft, chewy, Indian flat bread – so delicious!
You made the transition easier...
"You’ve helped make this transition easier... as trying to go through it on my own was very confusing. Having your classes gives me the focus and the guidance I need." ~Billie Y.
Course 11: Pressure Cooking I
Pressure cooking is so fast and efficient, and produces amazingly tender and moist foods. In this course, I'm showing you how to use traditional methods (like soaking) and whole food ingredients in your pressure cooking so it's also healthy!
And... fun is important, too, right? I believe we should LOVE what we do in the kitchen and savor the creativity and accomplishments. Pressure cooking allows us to do more with less. More in less time. More complicated dishes easily and with less mess.
To produce beautiful foods for our families to enjoy. And let's face it — when our families are happy, we are happy!
To follow along with this course, you can use a "smart" pressure cooker like the Instant Pot or your trusty stovetop pressure cooker.
In This Course, You Will Learn:
- What pressure cooking is... how it works
- Why pressure cooking is so great! Plus, fun!
- How to choose a pressure cooker… lots of options out there and you want to choose the right one for your family so that it will last you for years and years, as it should!
- What accessories you might consider to take your pressure cooking further... cheesecake or bread, anyone?
- How to combine the nourishing traditional practice of soaking beans and grains when using a pressure cooker... somehow this is something that most pressure cooks and cookbooks skip but it's oh-so-important!
- How to use your pressure cooker to create all kinds of delicious dishes and meals... from breakfasts and sides to main dishes and even desserts and breads!
- How to safely use a pressure cooker... we don't want any accidents!
- How to care for and maintain your pressure cooker
- How to store your pressure cooker so it's ready to for next time... frustration-free is the key!
- How to use a pressure cooker indoors and outdoors
- Recipes for soups, stews, roast, breads, cheesecake and other desserts, jam, and oh-so-much more!
- How to use "stacking" to cook multiple foods that you don't want to mix at the same time... exactly how to do it so your softest foods don't turn to mush while the foods that need more cook time turn out perfectly done!
Seeing other moms got me over the hump...
"My family had fun together watching kid videos and making those recipes. But the biggest benefit for our family was me seeing all the other moms on video that really nourish their families. It got me over the hump from doing it 60% to more like 97%. Which is a big deal as my son had really bad teeth… I just had it in my head before that no one could really be that ‘perfect’ in their cooking. Now we have a better diet and I also have more energy mostly because I now make all baked goods, which I love, sourdough." ~Marly H., Hudson Valley NY
Course 12: Pressure Cooking II
We had so much fun with Pressure Cooking I, that we decided to offer Pressure Cooking II...
More fast & healthy pressure-cooked breakfasts, side dishes, main dishes, desserts, bread, and even celebrations!
Once again, this course features the electric pressure cooker called the Instant Pot, yet you can use any electric or stovetop pressure cooker!
In This Course, You Will Learn:
- More fast & healthy pressure-cooked recipes for yummy breakfasts, side dishes, main dishes, desserts, bread, and even special celebrations!
- How to convert slow cooked recipes to pressure cooking
- Updates to pressure cooking and fun accessories... (like the Bundt pan that made the chocolate sourdough cake above)
- And much more!
Course 13: Women's Health
Christian women need health information, tips, and recipes that support all the stages of a woman's life.
We traveled far and wide to bring you guest experts — like Penny Lane, CNM, DNP (pictured in the video and in the photo below with TCS teacher Haniya & Haniya's baby boy) — to answer your questions about Women's Health from a God-glorifying, healthy perspective.
To help you implement all the foundational, natural health info, we'll get in the kitchen to share gobs of recipes and DIY tips! So you can "look good, feel good, and do good"!
In This Course, You Will Learn:
- How to nourish the female body with the right foods, vitamins, and minerals (including lots of easy recipes!)
- How to use herbs, essential oils to support health, hormones and female issues — lots of DIY recipes for infusions, teas, concoctions, and salves you can make at home!
- Healthy habits such as exercise, rest, and dry brushing — helping you reduce stress and toxins so you're healthier and happier!
- How to make natural, non-toxic, even edible homemade makeup — and lotion! And perfume!
- What your daughter needs to know about her cycle before it starts! And then help to prepare for when it does by exploring natural menstrual products like cloth pads and other alternatives.
- When to see the doctor — should you be getting mammograms, pap smears, and/or pelvic exams? How often?
- Natural options for birth control that don't wreak havoc on your hormones...
- How to balance hormones naturally... and avoid pharmaceutical products that cause more harm than good!
- How to relieve PMS naturally — again, lots of DIY recipes and tips headed your way in this topic!
- Natural ways to balance blood sugar and improve insulin resistance, with healthy recipes for breads, desserts, and other foods that can work with a successful weight loss plan.
- Natural food-based, herbal & essential oil remedies for female issues such as PCOS, endometriosis, adrenal fatigue, thyroid disease, urinary tract infections, yeast infections, and others...
- Explore healthy sexuality... with real food "tools" to support intimate, happy, and joyful monogamous relationships.
- Education on natural pregnancy and birth so you can make the right choices for your family... plus hear the birth stories from your teachers. :-)
- How your hormones change during pregnancy, and which traditional foods and supplements promote a healthy, happy pregnancy.
- Natural remedies that can help "balance" a pregnant mama — such as chiropractic care, morning sickness remedies, help for stretch marks, and more!
- Explore the beauty of breastfeeding — including how to ensure a good latch and provide the right nutrition for an abundant milk supply!
- Get help for other issues that happen after giving birth — such as diastasis recti, constipation, and postpartum depression. Lots of recipes and balanced tips here!
- Get a heads up about the hormonal changes happen in the years leading up to menopause — and learn natural ways to ensure those years (which are painful for many) are joyful and empowering instead! (Yes, we'll discuss natural ways to balance hormones and reduce symptoms!)
- And much, much more!
"I’m literally in tears watching Lessons 7, 8, and 10 of the Women’s Health eCourse. I was diagnosed with PCOS years ago after years of declining health, and yet treating it with progesterone did not alleviate my symptoms. I have cysts on my thyroid and ovaries, and despite various symptoms of adrenal fatigue, hypoglycemia, insulin resistance, inflammation, and a host of other ailments, I was not treated for any of these issues.
My health has continued to decline and just within the past two weeks I have had some very serious issues that landed me at the doctor’s office and then the ER this past Sunday.
After following TCS for many months, I finally decided to join when I saw that this course was being offered. Everything that is being addressed are the very things that I need to do for my health. I am so overjoyed that many of the things I prayed about and had been seeking answers to for YEARS, are being discussed in this course.
I have felt so alone for so long and even though I made very dramatic changes to my diet (like quitting sugar over 2 years ago), and have been preparing many traditional and healing foods for years now, I had not found complete healing and have gotten worse.
I wanted to say thank you to you all for allowing the Lord to use you to bring this knowledge to so many. I feel that this course was designed specifically for me. In all my years of research, I have yet to find a resource like TCS that covers every area of health and healing that I have been looking for all in one place.
Thank you Wardee, Haniya, Megan, and Lindsey for sharing your wisdom and creating this class. You have touched me and renewed my hope. May God’s blessings be upon you." ~Ajene G.
Thank you! She tackled the complicated issues!
"I am so impressed by the in-depth discussion with Dr. Lane in Lesson 4 of the Women's Health eCourse! Thank you giving her the time to fully discuss all the complicated issues she addressed. She did a good job with the spiritual side as well as the practical side of these important life decisions." ~Lee B.
Breast milk is the perfect food that sustains our babies for months, even years. From the very beginning, breast milk colonizes the infant gut with probiotics, seals the gut lining so particles can’t leak through, and so much more.
Yet babies don’t stay babies forever. Eventually, we all must transition from milk to “meat”.
Is there a way to introduce solid foods that maintains breast milk’s protective effects and where children learn to LOVE all kinds of real, nourishing foods?
The answer is a resounding yes! And we'll show you...
Or rather, Wardee's daughter and grandson will show you how! That's him in the video above and he will be "teaching" you in all the class videos as well. Along with his mom, Haniya, of course!
You see, until around the time of their first birthday, babies have incredibly open palates. They want to explore, play, and experience with all of their senses. So, now is the time to give baby all of those foods you know are nourishing — like bone broth and liver. Your baby will, at the very least, give them a taste or two. Most likely, he or she will develop a liking for them and that will make him or her stronger and healthier!
We’re so excited to get in the kitchen with you again, this time with a bib and high chair!
If you would like to purchase one of our "GNOWFGLINS baby" bibs for your little munchkin (25% OFF while supplies last)... go here.
In This Course, You Will Learn:
- The principles of introducing solid foods to babies — get this right and your baby will learn to feed himself what his body really needs! No spoons and no pureed baby foods! (Though spoons aren't totally taboo — feel free to use occasionally if your baby needs a little help! We aren't legalistic here!)
- What foods baby should eat and when — so you can know without a doubt what foods are best for baby's development
- How to find and work around possible food allergies
- What gear you need to feed your baby — You don't need much, so it won't break the bank, yet we'll show you what's essential and even some ideas that are optional for your wish list
- How to introduce solid foods — the actual step by step method that will teach baby how to taste, then swallow all on his own
- A handy list of great first foods for baby — they're all whole and nutrient dense, and form the foundation of a healthy, balanced diet
- Another handy list of what foods baby shouldn't eat — it's important to know and avoid these
- Answers to common questions about whether or not baby should be eating salt, grains, and even if babies need anything to drink or need to brush their teeth — some of these answers may surprise you!
- What to do if baby gets constipated — it happens more often than not, but you can help her through it and on to the other side as her digestive system adjusts to all the new foods
- How to help baby "eat the rainbow" — to love gobbling up all the beautifully colored fruits and vegetables God created!
- How and when to transition baby from eating his or her own whole foods to eating what the family's eating... whole foods, of course (and we'll give you plenty of recipes)
- Tips and tricks for planning ahead... batch-prepping nourishing superfoods like liver or salmon roe so they're on hand for baby to eat frequently without a whole lot of work on your part
- Lots of recipes — snacks, main dishes, superfood popsicles, and even a no-sugar, no-flour "first birthday cake" that will make your baby pound the table with joy and anticipation!
- And much more... all captured on video with helpful printable tutorials you can keep handy as you raise your own healthy GNOWFGLINS baby who loves real food!
Great nourishing recipes!
"I absolutely love your course! You have done such a great job referencing different resources and sharing great nourishing recipes! My boy already has a bottle recommended by you as well as the ice cream molds (can not wait for the recipe!!) Your hard work is much appreciated!" ~Olga B.
With all the healthy diets out there, which one is right for you... Traditional Foods, Keto, Paleo, GAPS, Trim Healthy Mama, AIP, Whole30... ???
It can be very time-consuming AND confusing to figure out which diet is going to help you heal your gut, lose weight, clear up your skin, give you more energy, help your digestion, stabilize your hormones, clear up constipation, and so on.
For instance, some people have allergies or sensitivities and need to avoid certain foods or food groups. Others have poor gut health or leaky gut and need to avoid all sugar (even grains) until they heal.
In this course, we surveyed all the HEALTHY diets out there to help YOU choose the one that's right for you... comparing and contrasting these diets so you have a better idea of which one is going to help you most!
In This Course, You Will Get:
- 7 interviews with experts in each of the healthy diets... so you can find the right one for YOU!
- "allowed" and "not allowed" food lists for each healthy diet
- a better idea of the benefits of each healthy diet
- more understanding as to the type of person (and health condition) a particular diet can help
- and much more... all captured on video with helpful printable tutorials to refer to as you explore and try different healing diets for your and your family's particular issues