I’m super excited about doing a giveaway today for a fantastic – and I mean fantastic – book from Stephanie @ Keeper of the Home. After 6 years of digging deep to keep a frugal budget (saving 20% to 30% each month), she’s poured her wisdom and experience into 280 pages of ideas to help each and every one of us save money while serving nourishing, real food to our families!
“Real Food on a Real Budget: How to Eat Healthy For Less”
I thank Stephanie for the opportunity to read and review her book, “Real Food on a Real Budget: How to Eat Healthy For Less.” I learned so much. I stayed up late one night and read the whole thing. Really.
Even though I thought I had frugal food budgeting figured out, she gave me ideas that I can put into practice right away to help us save more money. I highly recommend the book.
What I love about this book is that while Stephanie shows how to keep a frugal food budget, she doesn’t sacrifice good health or good food. She provides example after example of how this really can be done. The examples are real and doable; they come from her 6 years of hands-on experience.
She doesn’t promote one specific nutritional thought over another, but instead speaks clearly, simply, and helpfully to all who “esteem whole foods, real foods, healthier foods.”
What You Can Expect From This Book
Quoting from Stephanie’s own synopsis of what “Real Food on a Real Budget” offers, you can expect:
- How to shave literally hundreds and potentially even thousands off of your grocery expenses every year, without compromising on what you buy!
- How to establish a realistic food budget for your unique family, and actually stick to it.
- How to provide better nutrition and cost effectiveness through a meal planning method that suits you best.
- How to find places to buy whole and traditional foods wherever you live and compare prices so that you know you’re getting the absolute best deals.
- Why, what and how to buy in bulk and what to do with all that food!
- Which foods are both nutrient-dense, cost-effective, and how to work your diet around them.
- Why cooking from scratch is key to eating real foods, how to find the time to do it, and how to use that time as effectively as possible.
- Why you should purchase your foods seasonally and locally, preserve them for cheaper year-round eats, and even grow them yourself.
- How to evaluate whether couponing can work for you and help to stretch your budget just a little bit further.
- Countless tips for practicing frugality in your kitchen.
- And more… (that’s what they all say, right? But it’s true!)
At Stephanie’s website, you can pick up a complimentary preview from the Introduction chapter of “Real Food on a Real Budget.”
Stephanie is offering special pricing on this brand-new book for a limited time. The electronic version is just $18.97 — $6 off the normal price; the paperback copy is $25.97 — $4 off the normal price with free shipping. She offers a full guarantee — if you’re not satisfied for any reason, you can return either the electronic or hard copy for a full refund.
For less than $20, you’ll have a book that could save you $100 or $200 per month on groceries.
I will receive compensation for purchases made through the links on this post (thank you!).
I’m excited to partner with Stephanie in giving away one electronic copy of her book, “Real Food on a Real Budget,” — also to help her promote the book across the internet to people like you and me who can benefit from the wisdom collected in this book.
So here are the details of the giveaway. It starts today, on May 14, 2010, and will end next Tuesday, May 18, 2010, at midnight PST. That gives you 5 days to get in on this.
Please, please, please, please, please…. One. Comment. Per. Entry. 😀 Thank you!
Don’t Want to Wait for the Giveaway to End?
I thought so! Purchase “Real Food on a Real Budget” now and save $4 to $6 during the special promotion period. If you happen to win the giveaway, then you’ll have a copy to give as a gift. (This would make a wonderful gift.)
P.S. Next week, I’ll be partnering up with Katie @ Kitchen Stewardship to give away 2 copies of her ebook: Healthy Snacks to Go!
...without giving up the foods you love or spending all day in the kitchen!
2 free books:
Eat God's Way
Ditch the Standard American Diet, get healthier & happier, and save money on groceries...
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).