How did I and my family get into raising our own raw dairy? What's the “magic” of culturing dairy and making cheese? Why is homemade cultured dairy so healthy? How is every cultured dairy or cheese recipe the same — just tweaks of the same basic process? What's the best milk for culturing? How can culturing go wrong? All that and more on today's episode of Know Your Food with Wardee.
Click play below to listen to this week's podcast! See below if you want other options.
Won't play for you? Try here.
Mobile or desktop users, you can hear my podcast with Stitcher, on-demand and on-the-go. (What's Stitcher?) You can also get it on iTunes or subscribe in the Podcasts app. Please leave a comment or rating in iTunes and Stitcher!
What's in Episode #5?
In this episode of Know Your Food with Wardee, I'm interviewing myself. No kidding! I thought about what questions you may have about culturing dairy and I answered them.
Here are some of the questions I answered:
- How did I and my family get into raising our own raw dairy?
- What's the “magic” of culturing dairy and making cheese?
- Why is homemade cultured dairy so healthy?
- How you do make simple soft cheese?
- How is every cultured dairy or cheese recipe the same — just tweaks of the same basic process?
- What's the best milk for culturing?
- How can culturing go wrong?
- What's the difference between traditional mozzarella and the quick 30-minute version you see in books and on the web?
I mentioned some links in this episode, so here they are:
- This weeks' shout out: Goat Song Farm — or see all Down Home Farm Tours here
- Homemade Cultured Butter
- Tough Decisions — selling my dairy cow
- Got Questions or Comments? — to leave a voice recording for me to answer or share on the podcast
- My podcast now on Stitcher — search for “Know Your Food with Wardee”
- My podcast on iTunes — search for “Know Your Food with Wardee”
- The Apple Podcasts app — search for “Know Your Food with Wardee”
Here are some links I didn't mention, but I should have. 🙂
- Should We Get a Goat or a Cow? guest post at Nourishing Days
- Easy Raw Chevre, guest post at Edible Aria
What's Coming Up…
Next week, I'm talking more about cheesemaking with my special guest and cheesemaker Jerri Beddell from HomesteaderSupply.com. She has some great tips for you.
For past or current episodes, check out the Know Your Food with Wardee podcast archives.
It's Your Turn
Feel free to share your comments or questions about this episode below. Thanks for listening!
Like this podcast? Please help me reach others by using the share buttons at the top of this post. Thanks!
thick and creamy... and cheaper than store-bought!
Free Recipe: "How To Make Thick Raw Milk Yogurt"
Is it really possible to "eat what you want to eat" like bread and butter, cinnamon rolls and cookies, meat and potatoes...
Bible-based cooking program...
...yet it's GOOD for you?
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).