Hand tools… they’re my weakness.
A good hand tool wins me over with its beauty and function. I do everything I can to avoid the noise and mess of an appliance.
Not that I hate appliances, just that if I can reach for a hand tool to do something well, I’ll choose that every time.
Life is just simpler and better when you have a good tool that gets the job done with very little fuss.
Wouldn’t you agree?
And so, here are my favorite 8 eclectic, fun, and useful hand tools. What are yours? Please share in the comments!
Won’t play for you? Try here. Mobile or desktop users, you can hear my podcast with Stitcher, on-demand and on-the-go. (What’s Stitcher?) You can also get it on iTunes or subscribe in the Podcasts app.
Video from Periscope
I recorded this podcast live on Periscope last week and here’s the video from that! It’s just like the audio file above, except you can see it, too. 🙂
8 Eclectic, Fun, and Useful Kitchen Hand Tools
Here they are, in the order mentioned.
- Danish Dough Whisk – here’s the one I have
- Mortar & Pestle — here are wood options
- Butter Mold — here’s the one I have
- Reamer (Juicer) — here’s the one I have
- Ergonomic Rolling Pin — here’s the one I have
- Kraut Pounder — I have this one and this one
- Scoops — I have this one and this one
- Ravioli Cutter — here’s the one I have
Mentioned By Live Listeners:
- microplane grater
- egg beaters
- paint scraper / plastic scraper for stuck on foods
- silicon funnel for bottling homemade sodas
- pastry cutter — for egg salad
- wire cooling rack — for egg salad
- pie cutter knives –for egg slicer
- gnocchi press
- jerky gun
- kitchen shears
I’m so grateful when you visit my show on iTunes and leave a rating and/or review! KnowYourFoodPodcast.com/iTunes This helps me make my podcast better and also helps others find it. Thank you! For past or current episodes, check out the Know Your Food with Wardee podcast archives.
Anything to Add?
I would love to hear from you! Do you have questions for me, or comments about anything shared in this episode?
Like this podcast? Please help me reach others by using the share buttons at the top of this post. Thanks!
use any flour, NO kneading,
starter instructions included!
Free Recipe: "No-Knead
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).