When it's apple season we're looking for all the ways to turn this delicious fruit into something spectacular! This honey-sweetened apple salad is a fantastic treat to have made up in the fridge for any time of day (breakfast, lunch, snack, dessert!). It's also a wonderful potluck side dish and a huge crowd-pleaser.
Why I Love This Apple Salad Recipe
I've taken this salad to countless potlucks, and also served it many times when we have guests for a meal. It's super easy and tasty, whips up in minutes, and you probably already have all the ingredients needed on hand!
As I mentioned, it definitely ushers in the flavors of fall, just like these 50 other apple recipes (you must try the apple crisp!). I also love that you can save the cores to all the apples and turn them into homemade apple cider vinegar (and here are 5 reasons why you want to be taking ACV!).
- Apples – You can use your favorite apple here, but I'd stick to the sweeter varieties. Pink Lady apples are my favorite!
- Lemon juice – This isn't for the final recipe itself, but we all eat with our eyes first, so the lemon water will help keep the fruit from turning brown due to oxidation.
- Raw honey – Raw is best, especially since this recipe isn't heated. Get all the added benefits from that raw honey if you have it available!
- Coconut – The coconut adds a fantastic texture and a bit of healthy fat. You can use finely shredded or coarser coconut chips, whichever you prefer.
- Spices – The spices make this one of my favorite fall treats. The combination of nutmeg and cinnamon almost taste like you're sipping a cup of apple cider!
- Mix-ins – We use chopped nuts (whatever we have on hand) and raisins or craisins for the mix-ins. It's delicious without them, but every mix-in adds its own pleasant texture and flavor. Get creative!
How to Make Honey-Sweetened Apple Salad
- Fill a large bowl about 1/2 full of water and add the lemon juice.
- Quarter each apple, then cut the core out.
- Thinly slice wedges off each quarter.
- Add to the bowl just as soon as they are sliced to keep from browning.
- As the bowl gets full, rotate the apples to make sure each slice comes into contact with the lemon juice. Add more water if necessary.
- When all apples are sliced and coated, drain the excess water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well.
- Adjust seasonings and sweetener to taste.
- Chill if not serving right away.
More Fall-Inspired Recipes You May Enjoy
- Grain-Free Apple Pie Shortbread Bars
- Fermented Sparkling Apple Cider
- Panna Cotta with Caramel Apple Drizzle
- Apple Cranberry Crisp (Instant Pot Recipe)
- Sourdough Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Soaked Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Honey-Sweetened Apple Salad
Make this crowd-pleasing fall-inspired honey sweetened apple salad for your next potluck or family gathering. I've taken this to countless potlucks, and also served it many times when we have guests for a meal. It's super easy and tasty.
Fill a large bowl about 1/2 full of water and add the lemon juice.
Quarter each apple, then cut the core out. Thinly slice wedges off each quarter. Add to the bowl just as soon as they are sliced to keep from browning.
When all apples are sliced and coated, drain the excess water.
Add the rest of the ingredients and toss well.
Adjust seasonings and sweetener to taste.
Chill if not serving right away.
just 15 minutes of hands-on time!
Free No-Knead Einkorn Sourdough Bread Recipe
Is it really possible to "eat what you want to eat" like bread and butter, cinnamon rolls and cookies, meat and potatoes...
Bible-based cooking program...
...yet it's GOOD for you?
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).