All you need is a Phillips screwdriver and 5 minutes to put it together…
…the 2-1/2 gallon continuous brew system from Get Kombucha, of course!
Yes, we love Kombucha (recipe here) so much that we decided to add another continuous brewer to our kitchen.
When it arrived, I turned on the camera so you could see me unboxing the Kombucha continuous brew system, too!
Let's unbox it together… 🙂
A Few Notes
1. Since I recorded the video above, we decided to get a third brewer.
You might think we're crazy, but based on these things:
- our brewing time — 5 to 7 days for first ferment and 1 to 3 days for second ferment
- the quantity we want to drink — each person gets at least one glass each day
- the finished volume from each brewer — we get about 2 gallons of finished Kombucha out of each brewer each time, leaving 1 to 2 quarts behind as starter for the next batch
…my husband and son did the math and it turned out to keep us in supply, we needed 3 brewers of this size going regularly.
See? Totally makes sense for us.
It also makes sense because our son loves to make Kombucha, and he keeps it going so dependably. He pitches in to keep us all supplied, and we're thankful. 🙂
2. Although it's what most people do, we don't use these brewers to keep Kombucha “on tap” all the time. Instead, we use them to make big batches of Kombucha that we then drain off (when finished fermenting) to do a second ferment in Grolsch style bottles (like these). More info here about why we don't do Kombucha “on tap”.
3. We use honey as the sweetener for our Kombucha. This means whatever sweetener is left in the Kombucha is one we feel comfortable eating. You can read more about that here.
- 2-1/2 Gallon Continuous Brew System from Get Kombucha
- How To Make Kombucha — My Recipe
- How To Bottle Kombucha… aka Second Ferment It! #AskWardee 086
- Can You Make Kombucha With Honey? #AskWardee 085
- Where To Buy A Live Kombucha Scoby
- In Depth Video Review Of The Continuous Brew System From Get Kombucha
- Grolsch style bottles for your second ferment
Do you use a continuous brew system? Why or why not? Do you have any questions after watching this unboxing video?
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).