I enjoy a good cup of coffee…
Yet sometimes I crave a cup of tea.
Not just any cup of tea, mind you, but a cup of Earl Grey — with frothy milk, rich cocoa, raw honey, and a touch of vanilla extract.
Who says a mocha latte has to be made with coffee?
Let tea drinkers rejoice that they can now have their mocha sans coffee!
Cool spring mornings find me with a hot beverage in hand. I love to sit on my back porch watching my seedlings come to life. Warm vanilla lemonade, hot cocoa, or this Earl Grey Mocha “Latte” are all frequently enjoyed at my house.
Earl Grey Mocha Latte
- 1 teaspoon (1 bag) Earl Grey Tea
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup raw milk (almond milk or coconut milk work too)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup (use more for a sweeter treat)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
Bring water to a boil and pour over tea bag in a mug, allowing it to steep for 5 minutes.
While tea is steeping, heat milk. If using raw milk, keep temperature below 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Make a paste of the cocoa powder, maple syrup or honey, and salt. Once the tea is ready, mix the cocoa paste, tea, and milk.
What is your favorite type of mocha?
P.S. We know you love your hot and frothy drinks just as much as we do, so we thought you should check this out:
Better Than Store-Bought! Healing and Delicious Herbal Coffee Drinks
DIY Herbal Coffee Substitutes, from Traditional Cooking School's friend Jessica Espinoza, is a complete guide to making delicious herbal coffees to support healing and stress relief.
Here’s a sneak peek of what you'll soon discover inside DIY Herbal Coffee Substitutes:
- Jessica puts an end to the is coffee “bad for you” vs. “good for you” debate once and for all
- Discover some of the healthiest replacements for coffee on the planet that you’ll love to drink every single day… and get great benefits from as well
- Find out how some of the most powerful ingredients found in nature such as Chicory Root can have a HUGE impact on your overall health
- Jessica pulls back the curtain on the proprietary formulas for her most popular herbal coffee blends (Clean Living and Happy Liver, anyone?), including THREE never before released blends.
- You’ll get amazing coffee shop style recipes that include: Vanilla Almond Latte, Frozen Peppermint Mocha, Salted Caramel Macchiato, S’mores Latte, Buttered Maple Cream…and MANY more…
- Jessica includes all my her exclusive tips for perfect blending as well
- Want to learn how to brew the most perfect cup of herbal coffee? She shows you her tried-and-tested tips and secrets that work like a charm every single time. Never have a bad cup of herbal coffee again…
- You get a comprehensive list of Jessica's favorite resources for herbs and supplies…
- You get over 50 pages of “no fluff” and “no filler”…only the best advice, recipes, and blends…
Click here for more info or to buy now. We highly recommend it!
This post featured in 33 Warming & Nourishing Fall Sippers.
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!