Missing BLT sandwiches now that you’re low-carb, keto, or Trim Healthy Mama?
Not any more!
These Keto BLT Lettuce Wraps are filled with healthy fat and protein for an easy school or work lunch on-the-go. Simply make them ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 24 hours. The lettuce holds up so well you can even pack them for a picnic!
If you’re a Trim Healthy Mama, you’ll be happy to know that these lettuce wraps count as a THM:S recipe!
Keto BLT Lettuce Wraps With A Secret Ingredient
You know how mayonnaise often turns runny in a lettuce wrap?
That’s not a problem here because I load my wraps up with bacon, lettuce, and tomato… then slather on a heap of cream cheese! Cream cheese doesn’t turn runny (unlike mayo), adds a nice smooth texture, and is a great source of healthy fat for those who follow the high-fat, low-carb ketogenic diet.
Be sure to find the best quality bacon your budget allows — preferably nitrate-free and pastured. To get more mileage out of it, save the grease for next morning’s breakfast. Bacon is surprisingly a very filling choice of protein. It’s naturally high in fat and low in carbs, making it a delicious addition to your keto way of eating.
Tomatoes are on the low-carb list, too… as long as you don’t overdo them. Use your favorite variety. I love beefsteak, heirlooms, and even halved grape tomatoes. All delicious!
Finally, for additional nutritional punch, top your wrap avocado slices, alfalfa sprouts, or broccoli sprouts. Totally optional, but fun. 🙂
Keto BLT Lettuce Wraps (THM:S)
Struggling to find simple and easy keto or Trim Healthy Mama lunch ideas for work, school, or on the go? No more! Thanks to cool, crunchy lettuce instead of bread, these keto BLT lettuce wraps with cream cheese are low carb (THM:S) yet packed full of healthy fats and proteins that even kids will love! Bonus: you can make them ahead of time!
- 12 to 16 slices pastured or organic bacon cooked
- 1 lettuce sturdy head like romaine, butter, green or red leaf, washed and leaves separated
- 2 tomatoes large, sliced
- 8 ounces organic cream cheese
- alfalfa sprouts or other sprouts, such as broccoli;optional
- 1 avocado sliced (optional)
Spread a large square sheet of parchment paper on work surface.
Layer 4 to 6 leaves of lettuce, making a large rectangle.
Roughly spread or drop 2 ounces of cream cheese on one long end of the lettuce.
Layer 5 to 6 tomato slices, 3 to 4 cooked bacon strips, and sprouts, if using.
Using parchment paper as guide, roll the lettuce wrap as tightly as you can starting with the side that is loaded with fillings.
Gently pull the parchment paper away as you roll (much like a sushi roll), continue to roll, keeping it as tight as possible and using the paper to guide you.
Tuck the ends of the wrap towards the middle, and roll the remainder of parchment paper around the lettuce tightly.
Using a serrated knife, cut the lettuce wrap in half.
Continue filling and rolling the rest of the lettuce wraps.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Bake bacon in the oven to avoid splatters on the stove. Arrange bacon strips on baking sheet in single layer. Bake in a preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven until golden crispy, about 15 to 20 minutes. Start checking at the 12 minute mark. This can be done days ahead -- keep the cooked bacon in the fridge until ready for wraps.
- Save the bacon grease for the next morning's breakfast.
- Use whatever lettuce you prefer for wraps. My favorite are romaine and butter, but I've used red leaf and green lettuce as well. I try to avoid iceberg because it's not as nutritious as other lettuces. But in my experience, iceberg is easier to roll and still a much better option than bread.
Have you tried lettuce wraps before? What’s your favorite combination?
save time, spend less, and get healthy... simple & delicious traditionally-cooked meals using ingredients you already have... even leftovers... 30 min or less!
free worksheet + videos:
Healthy Dinner in 30 Minutes... While Spending $0 Extra!
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).