Do you like a nice, hot bath at the end of a long day?
Do you want to make your baths more soothing, relaxing, and healing?
Are you looking for an easy handmade gift?
If you answered yes to any of the above, it's time to learn to make your very own herbal bath teas!
Bath teas are incredibly easy to make AND can be made in endless variations to suit many different purposes. Not to mention, they make unique gifts!
When adding herbs to a warm bath, the healing benefits of the herbs absorb through the skin. Mix up the herbs a little for either a relaxing, soothing bath, or an invigorating and rejuvenating one!
For gift-giving, consider mixing up a few different blends.
Choose Your Herbs
Herbal Bath Tea
Herbal bath teas are incredibly easy to make AND can be made in endless variations to suit many different purposes. Not to mention, they are such unique gifts!
- 1/4 cup mixed dried herbs (see above for suggestions)
- small muslin bag OR piece of cheesecloth and string
- Place herbs into the muslin bag. If using cheesecloth, place herbs in the center of the cloth, gather up the edges, and tie with string.
- Tie or hook herbal tea bag over faucet as the bath fills, allowing water to run through the bag or cheesecloth.
- Once filled, remove tea bag from faucet and let steep in the water as you soak.
- Enjoy the aroma and healing properties!
Pregnant women and those with allergies to herbs or medical conditions should follow the usual precautions. The herbs are not ingested, but they are absorbed through the skin and the effects can be the same.
Do you like to put herbs in your bath? Have you ever used this method to make an herbal bath tea?
This post was featured in 25 Natural Gifts For The New Mom On Mother's Day.
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).