Say goodbye to chaotic, complicated breakfast routines… and hello to quick and healthy breakfast ideas like egg muffins, baked oatmeal bars, and make ahead casseroles that can be enjoyed on the go! Enjoy!
A healthy breakfast doesn't have to be complicated…
…thanks to this list of 38 easy and quick breakfast recipes!
Now that school is in full swing and mornings can be crazy busy, an arsenal of healthy breakfast recipes is needed.
I find that the more nourishing recipes I have lined up for busy mornings, the less chaotic and more streamlined I can make my day.
We also have less of the frantic “let's stop somewhere on our way out” moments. Not to mention, home-cooked meals are much more superior than anything cooked elsewhere.
So, I present to you a list of 38 Easy Breakfast Recipes to satisfy all your dietary needs. Some are great to make ahead, while others are ideal for breakfast on-the-go.
Yet others can easily be made in the Instant Pot or baked to perfection in a comforting casserole dish. Regardless, these are real food, nourishing, and healthy breakfast ideas to start your day.
Please note that most of these recipes easily fit into other categories in this roundup. For instance, most Breakfast Ideas On-The-Go recipes could also go under Easy Batch Cooking Breakfast Recipes… and vice versa, too.
In other words, as with all of our roundups, this list is more of a framework of ideas to help you serve your family with as little stress as possible.
Easy Batch Cooking Breakfast Recipes
Image courtesy of Butter For All.
Are you a meal prepper? Do you love preparing meals to cut down on time just before sitting down?
If so, this section is for you. All of these recipes can be made ahead and frozen for a future easy breakfast.
This is a great option for those who don't like to cook in the early hours of the day. Simply pop a frozen waffle or muffin in a toaster oven while getting ready and you'll have healthy breakfast in no time.
My all-time favorite drink to include with my breakfast is simply bone broth in a mug. It's full of minerals, collagen and just what I need to get my day started.
Pair that with one of the goodies below and it's a great way to start the day!
- 3-Ingredient Grain Free Bagels (Low Carb, GAPS)
- Healthy 2-Ingredient Pancakes (Paleo, Whole30, GAPS)
- Easy Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Blueberry Chocolate Chip Protein Zucchini Muffins (Paleo)
- Healthy Breakfast Donuts (Gluten-free)
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies
- Loaded Breakfast Muffins (Paleo)
- Paleo Donuts (Low Carb, Keto, GAPS)
- Easy Nourishing Soaked Apple Breakfast Cake (Gluten-free, Nut-free, Dairy-free)
- Sourdough Almond Flour Waffles
- Maple Apple Chicken Breakfast Sausages (Paleo, Whole30)
- Easy Pastured Pork Sausage (Paleo, Low Carb, Whole30, GAPS)
- Apple Leek Bacon Breakfast Sausage (Low Carb, Paleo)
Breakfast Ideas On-The-Go
Image courtesy of Raia's Recipes.
What's better than batch cooking? Fast breakfast ideas that can easily be eaten on the way to work, school, or appointments!
Although we always recommend sitting down for meals, and eating slowly to savor each and every bite… we're not naive.
Life and particularly mornings can be crazy busy. The first thing to go out the window when you're crunched for time is sitting down for a decent meal.
That's why these 11 healthy breakfast ideas that can easily be taken on-the-go are so helpful. These would also work well to wrap in parchment paper, then foil for kiddos to eat for breakfast at school.
Please note that all of these recipes can also be made ahead and done during batch cooking.
Also, be mindful that a few recipes call for grains. We recommend the proper soaking and traditional preparation of grains for better nutrient absorption. Please check out this post and handy chart on properly cooking gluten-free grains.
- Low-Carb Breakfast Kale Egg Cups (Paleo, Keto, GAPS)
- Easy Gluten-Free Egg & Potato Breakfast Muffins (Whole30, Paleo)
- Bacon & Egg Muffins (Gluten-free, Grain-free)
- Quick Egg & Quinoa Breakfast Muffins (Vegan, Gluten-free)
- Ham & Cheese Frittata Muffins (Low Carb, Keto, GAPS)
- Paleo Trail Mix Breakfast Cookies (Gluten-free, Grain-free, Dairy-free)
- Egg Muffins with Onion Salami & Halloumi (Low Carb, Keto, GAPS)
- Portable Baked Oatmeal Cups (Dairy-free) ***
- Grab ‘N' Go Pancake Muffins (Paleo, GAPS)
- Overnight Chocolate Baked Oatmeal Bars (Gluten-free)
- Soaked Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (Gluten-free, Sugar-free)
***For this recipe, we recommend combining the oats, milk, and 2 teaspoons acid (such as raw apple cider vinegar) and soaking overnight. Then proceed as written.
Easy Breakfast Casseroles
Image courtesy of All The Nourishing Things.
Casseroles tug at my heart strings.
Just like the dish bringing all the yummy ingredients together, so do casseroles bring people around the table. There is just something so homey and comforting about a good breakfast casserole.
Don't let morning busy-ness take away the joy of sitting together to enjoy a meal. Even if this is done one out of five weekdays, it's still better than none.
Time-saving tip: prepare these the night before and transfer to the refrigerator to bake in the morning. Just add a few minutes extra baking time to allow the casserole to come to temperature first.
- Artichoke Feta Breakfast Casserole (Keto, Primal, Paleo, GAPS)
- Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole (Keto, Low Carb, Paleo, GAPS)
- Crustless Kale & Cheddar Quiche (Keto, Low Carb, Paleo, Whole30 options)
- Sweet Potato Frittata (Paleo, Whole30)
Instant Pot Breakfasts
Image courtesy of Clean Eating Kitchen.
If your favorite small kitchen appliance is the Instant Pot, you're in for a treat. This amazing pressure cooker isn't just for soups, chilis, and meats.
Make these easy breakfast ideas in your beloved appliance with very little hands-on time!
That means you can set it and forget it while you're getting ready for the day.
Amidst getting ready for work, school, gym or wherever your day leads you, easy Instant Pot breakfast recipes is exactly what busy families need.
The fact that you can just pop these in the pressure cooker makes me so happy!
- Instant Pot Steel-Cut Oats (Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Vegan) ***
- Instant Pot Quiche (Keto, Paleo, Whole30)
- Apple Delicata Squash Porridge – An Easy Instant Pot Recipe (Gluten-free, Paleo, AIP, GAPS)
- Instant Pot Quinoa Breakfast Porridge (Dairy-free, Gluten-free)
***For this recipe, we recommend combining the oats, 1-2/3 cups water (this soaking water is in addition to the cooking water later called for in the recipe itself), and 1-1/2 tablespoons acid (such as raw apple cider vinegar) and soaking overnight. In the morning, drain the oats, being careful not to disturb them and release excess starch. Then proceed as written, making sure to add the 2 cups cooking water when instructed.
Quick And Easy Breakfast Recipes
Images courtesy of Easy Keto Dishes.
This is the miscellaneous section of this roundup but there's nothing ordinary about these recipes.
Do you miss Cream of Wheat? How about a good ole' omelette? Or an easy sheet pan breakfast where you dump everything and go get ready?
They are all here in their nourishing, real food glory.
These quick and easy breakfast ideas are wonderful ways to start your day. Pair them with a healthy drink like bone broth or bulletproof coffee.
- 3-Minute Keto Creamy Hot Cereal (Low Carb, Paleo, GAPS)
- Berry Smoothie Bowl (Keto, Low Carb, GAPS)
- Copycat Cream of Wheat Porridge (Keto, Paleo, AIP, GAPS)
- Fat-Head Cinnamon Rolls (Keto, Low Carb, Gluten-free)
- Easy French-Style Omelette (GAPS, Keto, Paleo)
- Sheet Pan Breakfast with Kale, Bacon & Hash Brown (Paleo, Whole30)
So, there you have it. Hopefully, your mornings will be much smoother when armed with this list of 39 easy breakfast recipes.
How do you start your day? What are some of your favorite healthy breakfast ideas?
"I have taken a weekend cooking class on traditional foods that cost several thousand dollars. Your free videos are clearer and more practical." ~Dawn M.
Free Traditional Cooking Video Series
Is it really possible to "eat what you want to eat" like bread and butter, cinnamon rolls and cookies, meat and potatoes...
Bible-based cooking program...
...yet it's GOOD for you?
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).