The garden was producing baby greens, green onions, radishes, and herbs. I had cherry tomatoes and cucumbers from elsewhere. That's how this salad was born. 🙂
By topping the greens with the vegetable mixture, you get a lovely presentation and greens that stay crisp until they hit your mouth. For the most flavor, texture, and fun, be sure to get both toppings and greens in each bite! I especially love the bit of spice from the crisp radishes.
Cottage Radish Salad
- 8 to 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, sliced in quarter slices
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons green onion, diced
- 1/4 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- baby greens, or larger greens torn into bite-size pieces
Toss all but greens together in a mixing bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings. Arrange greens on the bottom of each salad bowl. Top with the vegetable cottage cheese mixture and serve. Enjoy!
What salads are born in your kitchen from what you have on hand? Be sure to let me know how you like this!
This post is part of the Using the Garden Veggies blog hop, hosted by Merissa at Little House Living. Each week through July and August, one participating blogger will feature a garden veggie. As you probably guessed, my veggie is the crisp and spicy radish. 🙂 Keep an eye out on our Facebook page throughout the summer for more garden fresh recipes.
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).