The garden was producing baby greens, green onions, radishes, and herbs. I had cherry tomatoes and cucumbers from elsewhere. That’s how this salad was born. 🙂
Cottage Radish Salad
- 8 to 10 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber peeled, sliced in quarter slices
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tablespoons green onion diced
- 1/4 small onion sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 2 tablespoons yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- baby greens or larger greens torn into bite-size pieces
Toss all but greens together in a mixing bowl.
Taste and adjust seasonings.
Arrange greens on the bottom of each salad bowl.
Top with the vegetable cottage cheese mixture and serve.
What salads are born in your kitchen from what you have on hand? Be sure to let me know how you like this!
This post is part of the Using the Garden Veggies blog hop, hosted by Merissa at Little House Living. Each week through July and August, one participating blogger will feature a garden veggie. As you probably guessed, my veggie is the crisp and spicy radish. 🙂 Keep an eye out on our Facebook page throughout the summer for more garden fresh recipes.
...without giving up the foods you love or spending all day in the kitchen!
2 free books:
Eat God's Way
Ditch the Standard American Diet, get healthier & happier, and save money on groceries...
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).