Nutty and moist, this almond bread is both delicious and filling. I serve it like cornbread on the side of a meal. The kids and I need only the bottom half of a square spread with butter, while my husband takes 2.
Before coming up with this recipe, I tried a recipe I found online that was so dry we all got hiccups! Then I noticed the recipe called for no fat whatsoever. Well, that would explain it. 😉
So I played around with the ratios of ingredients and of course I added fat — and here is the final recipe. We really love THIS grain-free almond bread!
Grain-Free Almond Bread
Nutty and moist, this almond bread is both delicious and filling. I serve it like cornbread on the side of a meal. For a sweet bread, simply add sweetener and dried fruits.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs well with vinegar. I've used as little as 2 eggs, and the bread is fine, but a bit more flat.
- Add butter or coconut oil and whisk together until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, flax seed meal, salt and baking soda.
- Mix with fork until well distributed.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Press into a greased 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut into 9 squares.
- Then, we cut each square in half horizontally and spread with butter.
Have you tried grain-free almond bread?
This post may contain affiliate links. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. Thank you for supporting Traditional Cooking School by GNOWFGLINS with your purchases. Our family thanks you!