Coffee lover but shouldn’t be drinking it? Boy howdy, you’re in for a treat.
Meet Jessica. She’s a coffee lover, too, and she had to give it up for her healing journey.
But she really missed the taste and experience of coffee. So… she developed her own herbal coffee blend recipes. Her blends are easy to make from healing herbs and they’re better than anything store-bought (we’ve tried them).
Best of all, all you coffee lovers… you can create that coffee shop experience and those fancy coffee drinks in your own home without breaking the bank and while working around your food allergies or sensitivities!
Today’s podcast is all about DIY Herbal Coffee Substitutes. My guest, Jessica Espinoza, has been creating her own healing coffee blends for years. Because she had to give up coffee to heal hormonal issues, but she refused to give up the coffee taste and experience. (And by the end of today’s podcast, you’ll be thanking her as heartily as I am!)
You’re about to hear:
- why giving up coffee might be a good idea
- what herbs Jessica uses to create tasty coffee blends that heal and nourish
- why homemade DIY herbal coffee blends are better than store-bought alternatives
- why you would want to make your own coffee blends
- how you can take your homemade herbal coffee base and create coffee shop drinks like healthy pumpkin spice lattes in your own home (and save a ton of $!)
- and more!
Before I turn to the podcast, I want you to know 2 things.
First, you have to know what an incredible gift Jessica is giving us. A big company offered to buy her formulas so they could manufacture and sell her coffee herb blends (for a pretty penny). Instead, she decided to put her recipes in an eBook so we all could buy once and make it forever…
And second, I love the taste of coffee, but it doesn’t love me. Not so with Jessica’s blends. I find them easy and inexpensive to throw together, quick to brew, and absolutely delicious on their own or in fancy homemade coffee drinks. I’m absolutely thrilled to introduce her work to you. If you’re a coffee lover, I hope you buy her eBook! You won’t regret it!
Enjoy today’s podcast… it’s a real treat. 🙂
Won’t play for you? Try here. Mobile or desktop users, you can hear my podcast with Stitcher, on-demand and on-the-go. (What’s Stitcher?) You can also get it on iTunes or subscribe in the Podcasts app.
Tip of the Week – How to Makeover Your Favorite Coffee Drinks
I shared in the podcast how you can take a fancy coffee drink recipe off the web or in a cookbook and substitute healthy ingredients to recreate the recipe at home.
About Jessica Espinoza from Delicious Obsessions
Jessica is a real food wellness educator and the founder of the Delicious Obsessions website. She has had a life-long passion for food and being in the kitchen is where she is the happiest.
She began helping her mother cook and bake around the age of three and she’s been in the kitchen ever since, including working in a restaurant in her hometown for almost a decade, where she worked every position before finally becoming the lead chef.
Jessica started Delicious Obsessions in 2010 as a way to help share her love for food and cooking. Since then, it has grown into a trusted online resource with a thriving community of people learning to live healthy, happy lives through real food and natural living.
About the Book: DIY Herbal Coffee Substitutes
DIY Herbal Coffee Substitutes is a complete guide to making delicious herbal coffees to support healing and stress relief. Here’s a sneak peek of what you’ll soon discover inside DIY Herbal Coffee Substitutes:
- Jessica puts an end to the, is coffee “bad for you” vs. “good for you” debate once and for all
- Discover some of the healthiest replacements for coffee on the planet that you’ll love to drink every single day…and get great benefits from as well
- Find out how some of the most powerful ingredients found in nature such as Chicory Root can have a HUGE impact on your overall health
- Jessica pulls back the curtain on the proprietary formulas for her most popular herbal coffee blends (Clean Living and Happy Liver, anyone?), including THREE never before released blends.
- You’ll get amazing coffee shop style recipes that include: Vanilla Almond Latte, Frozen Peppermint Mocha, Salted Caramel Macchiato, S’mores Latte, Buttered Maple Cream…and MANY more…
- Jessica includes all my her exclusive tips for perfect blending as well
- Want to learn how to brew the most perfect cup of herbal coffee? She shows you her tried-and-tested tips and secrets that work like a charm every single time. Never have a bad cup of herbal coffee again…
- You get a comprehensive list of Jessica’s favorite resources for herbs and supplies…
- You get over 50 pages of “no fluff” and “no filler”…only the best advice, recipes, and blends…
- DIY Herbal Coffee eBook
- KYF #68 — Jessica was my guest before 🙂
- Delicious Obsessions — Jessica’s blog
- Delicious Obsessions on Facebook
- Delicious Obsessions on Pinterest
- Delicious Obsessions on YouTube
- Delicious Obsessions on Instagram
More Coffee Related Articles from the #AskWardee Show:
- “Is Coffee Good For You? + The Truth About Caffeine”
- 5 Steps to Healing Heartburn & Acid Reflux
- What’s The Healthiest Coffee? #AskWardee 124
- Is Cold Brew Coffee Healthy? #AskWardee 125
- How to Skim Cream…The Best Way! #AskWardee 114
I’m so grateful when you visit my show on iTunes and leave a rating and/or review! KnowYourFoodPodcast.com/iTunes This helps me make my podcast better and also helps others find it. Thank you! For past or current episodes, check out the Know Your Food with Wardee podcast archives.
Anything to Add?
I would love to hear from you! Do you have questions or comments about anything shared in this episode? Like this podcast? Please help me reach others by using the share buttons at the top of this post. Thanks!
This post was featured in 12 Natural Energy-Boosting Drinks — No Caffeine Allowed!.
use any flour, NO kneading,
starter instructions included!
Free Recipe: "No-Knead
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).