As January begins, people far and wide vow to clean up their diets and be healthier…
For many, this means depriving themselves of good food!
What if I told you that you can indulge and eat healthfully? With a few swaps and tweaks, you can enjoy your treats… without sacrificing your health!
An In-Season Winter Treat: Probiotic Pomegranate Mousse
With only 4 simple ingredients, this probiotic pomegranate mousse won’t leave you feeling deprived (of healthy treats) or sick (from all that sugar). The 4 ingredients are…
- full-fat yogurt — to heal your gut and boost your probiotic intake
- grass-fed gelatin — to heal your gut and provide you with the building blocks for healthy skin, nails, and hair
- local raw honey (source the best your budget allows!) — for sweetness and medicinal properties as it is naturally antibacterial and antifungal
- pomegranate — for a seasonal winter treat
This easy dessert captures sweet and slightly tart flavors, all in one cup. The smooth yogurt layer melts in your mouth while the pomegranate sauce adds a delightful crunch. Dress it up in pretty wine glasses (as pictured) for an elegant treat or serve it in half-pint Mason jars to brighten your kids’ school lunches. Thanks to the gelatin, it’ll never become a slosh-y mess, although it is best refrigerated.
Either way, rest easy knowing you’re satisfying your sweet tooth and nourishing your body with probiotics, gelatin, and more!
Healthy Probiotic Pomegranate Mousse
For a clean-eating treat, look no further than this healthy probiotic pomegranate mousse! A perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth with in-season produce!
For the yogurt mousse:
- 1 cup pomegranate juice divided
- 1 tablespoon sustainably-sourced gelatin (certified glyphosate-free)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 cup yogurt full fat
For the pomegranate sauce:
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice divided
- 1 teaspoon sustainably-sourced gelatin (certified glyphosate-free)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice optional
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate arils
To make the yogurt mousse...
In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice. Mix quickly and set aside to bloom.
Heat 1/2 cup remaining pomegranate juice in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Once barely boiling, add juice in the saucepan to bloomed gelatin juice. Whisk to combine.
Add honey and yogurt. Combine well.
Pour into glasses or Mason jars. To make slanted yogurt as pictured, set wine glasses in a muffin pan at an angle. Or, you can use a deep square dish -- simply cover the dish with a hand towel so that there are wells in the towel for the cups to rest at an angle.
Gently transfer to refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
To make the pomegranate sauce...
In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup of pomegranate juice. Mix quickly and set aside to bloom.
Heat 1/4 cup remaining pomegranate juice in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Once barely boiling, add pomegranate juice to bloomed gelatin. Whisk to combine.
Add honey, lemon juice, and pomegranate arils. Combine well.
Place in ice bath for 5 minutes to chill. Watch carefully that it doesn't set (if it does, simply place it back on the stove to thin slightly).
Gently spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pomegranate sauce on top of the yogurt mousse. Transfer the cups back to the fridge for at least 15 minutes, then serve and enjoy!
- With only 4 simple ingredients, this probiotic pomegranate mousse won't leave you feeling deprived of healthy treats or sick from all that sugar.
Looking for more pro-biotic rich treats?
- Probiotic Mint Chocolate Chip Popsicles (dairy-free option!)
- Roasted Cinnamon Peach Probiotic Gelato (Honey-Sweetened)
- 3-Ingredient Mixed Berry Kefir Popsicles (probiotic & kid-friendly!)
- Off-Grid Lime Kefir Ice Cream With Fermented Blueberry Syrup
- Probiotic Chocolate Ice Cream
- Probiotic Watermelon Strawberry Fruit Sorbet
Be sure to make this healthy, probiotic mousse while pomegranates are still in season!
save time, spend less, and get healthy... simple & delicious traditionally-cooked meals using ingredients you already have... even leftovers... 30 min or less!
free worksheet + videos:
Healthy Dinner in 30 Minutes... While Spending $0 Extra!
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).