Is it possible to eat a traditional diet with “homey foods”? Yes, it is! In today's podcast, I'm giving you 4 ways to think about it and go about it. Plus, a whole bunch of recipe ideas.
Along with the tip of the week! Be sure to leave a comment below with your favorite homey traditional foods.
Won't play for you? Try here. Mobile or desktop users, you can hear my podcast with Stitcher, on-demand and on-the-go. (What's Stitcher?) You can also get it on iTunes or subscribe in the Podcasts app.
Tip of the Week: Essential Oil Perfume
I mentioned in the podcast how to make essential oil perfume. Although I'm pretty sure I said some of the amounts wrong — I said 20 to 30 drops of essential oils instead of 30 to 40. And I said the roll-on bottle is 15ml when it's really 10ml. Here's a quick video that shows what I really do. 😉 Click here to see the full recipe.
Here's what you need:
- Orange, Vanilla, Ylang Ylang, and Patchouli essential oils
- Roll-On Bottle 10ml
- Glass Dropper Bottle 15ml
- Organic Jojoba Oil or Fractionated Coconut Oil
- The Essential Oils Revolution Summit — to learn more about essential oils 😉
Be sure to get registered for FREE for the Essential Oils online talks that are starting soon. You also get free gifts. 🙂
Here's what you'll learn:
- Understand what essential oils are and why they are popular today
- Why essential oils are nature’s BEST medicine
- How to use essential oils safely and effectively
- Tips for regaining control of your health with essential oils
- Pain and stress remedies using essential oils
- Culinary uses for essential oils
- How to use essential oils for high performance health
- Essential oils for animal aromatherapy
- And so much more!
Today's question comes from Kasey M.:
Is it possible to eat a traditional diet eating “homey food” (beef stew, steaky bits, chili, etc.)?
My answer is in today's podcast, plus here are the links I mentioned:
- Real Food Makeovers
- Anatomy of a Blended Soup
- TCS Recipe Database
- Real Food Macaroni and Cheese
- Hamburger Tartiflette
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Down Home Chili Sauce
- Sourdough Pizza
- Sauerkraut and Spare Ribs
- Sausage Mac and Cheese
- Sourdough Hot Dog Wraps
- Sourdough Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Waffles
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Roll
- Egg Nog
- Better Than a Box eBook
- Healthy Snacks to Go eBook
- Family Camping Handbook
I'm so grateful when you visit my show on iTunes and leave a rating and/or review! KnowYourFoodPodcast.com/iTunes This helps me make my podcast better and also helps others find it. Thank you! For past or current episodes, check out the Know Your Food with Wardee podcast archives.
Anything to Add?
I would love to hear from you! Do you have questions or comments about anything shared in this episode? Like this podcast? Please help me reach others by using the share buttons at the top of this post. Thanks!
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).