Introducing… smoothie bowls, the smoothie's thickened alternative!
These delicious concoctions have quickly become everybody's favorite breakfast-snack-dessert-treat.
And, even though I would never suggest you replace a hot breakfast with a bowl of cold smoothie… smoothie bowls do hit the spot at 3 p.m. when dinner seems too far away. 😉
If you're looking for an easy nutrient-dense snack, this Antioxidant-Rich Beet & Berry Smoothie Bowl is full of healthy fats to promote satiety and enhance nutrient absorption. It will fill you up with nourishing yummy-ness and satisfy your sweet tooth! Enjoy it with shredded coconut, fresh berries, hemp hearts, or whatever toppings your heart desires!
Check Out This Smoothie Bowl's Star Ingredients…
- Avocados make this smoothie bowl creamy and rich to keep you fuller longer. Not only that, but avocadoes are a great source of fiber!
- Full fat yogurt is loaded with protein and live probiotics. I like to use yogurt instead of kefir in my smoothie bowl to create a thicker consistency.
- Beets are high in immune-boosting Vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals. Plus, that beautiful deep pink color! If you struggle to enjoy this humble root vegetable, know that the berries and vanilla extract do a great job of balancing the robust, earthy flavor typical to beets.
- Bananas sweeten this smoothie bowl naturally (the mixed berries and beets help too), yet if you find you want a little more, feel free to drizzle some raw honey or maple syrup on top!
Antioxidant-Rich Beet & Berry Smoothie Bowl
Yield 2 servings
Smoothie bowls... the delicious concoctions that have quickly become everybody's favorite breakfast-snack-dessert-treat. This Antioxidant-Rich Beet and Berry Smoothie Bowl is made with probiotic-rich yogurt, healthy avocados, and bright pink beets and berries. It's easy and full of protein whenever hunger strikes!
- 1 cup full fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk of choice, plus more as needed
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana, previously sliced and frozen
- 1 small beet, cooked and peeled
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed collagen
- additional sweeteners: maple syrup, raw honey (optional)
- toppings of choice: shredded coconut, hemp hearts, fresh berries, granola, chia seeds, sunflower seeds (optional)
Add yogurt, milk, frozen berries, avocado, frozen banana, beet, and collagen to a blender.
Blend until smooth and combined.
If desired, add more milk to thin.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed for sweetness.
Divide between 2 serving bowls.
Top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Courses Snack, Breakfast, Dessert
Have you tried smoothie bowls before?
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).