Introducing… smoothie bowls, the smoothie's thickened alternative!
These delicious concoctions have quickly become everybody's favorite breakfast-snack-dessert-treat.
And, even though I would never suggest you replace a hot breakfast with a bowl of cold smoothie… smoothie bowls do hit the spot at 3 p.m. when dinner seems too far away. 😉
If you're looking for an easy nutrient-dense snack, this Antioxidant-Rich Beet & Berry Smoothie Bowl is full of healthy fats to promote satiety and enhance nutrient absorption. It will fill you up with nourishing yummy-ness and satisfy your sweet tooth! Enjoy it with shredded coconut, fresh berries, hemp hearts, or whatever toppings your heart desires!
Check Out This Smoothie Bowl's Star Ingredients…
- Avocados make this smoothie bowl creamy and rich to keep you fuller longer. Not only that, but avocadoes are a great source of fiber!
- Full fat yogurt is loaded with protein and live probiotics. I like to use yogurt instead of kefir in my smoothie bowl to create a thicker consistency.
- Beets are high in immune-boosting Vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals. Plus, that beautiful deep pink color! If you struggle to enjoy this humble root vegetable, know that the berries and vanilla extract do a great job of balancing the robust, earthy flavor typical to beets.
- Bananas sweeten this smoothie bowl naturally (the mixed berries and beets help too), yet if you find you want a little more, feel free to drizzle some raw honey or maple syrup on top!
Antioxidant-Rich Beet & Berry Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie bowls... the delicious concoctions that have quickly become everybody's favorite breakfast-snack-dessert-treat. This Antioxidant-Rich Beet and Berry Smoothie Bowl is made with probiotic-rich yogurt, healthy avocados, and bright pink beets and berries. It's easy and full of protein whenever hunger strikes!
- 1 cup yogurt full-fat
- 1/4 cup milk raw whole or dairy-free milk of choice, plus more as needed
- 1 cup berries mixed, frozen
- 1 avocado medium, ripe
- 1 banana ripe, previously sliced and frozen
- 1 beet small, cooked and peeled
- 1 tablespoon sustainably sourced collagen (certified glyphosate free)
- 1 drizzle raw honey or maple syrup, optional
- 1 handful unsweetened shredded coconut optional
- 1 handful hemp hearts optional
- 1 handful granola optional
- 1 handful chia seeds optional
- 1 handful sunflower seeds optional
Add yogurt, milk, frozen berries, avocado, frozen banana, beet, and collagen to a blender.
Blend until smooth and combined.
If desired, add more milk to thin.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed for sweetness.
Divide between 2 serving bowls.
Top with your favorite toppings, such as raw honey or maple syrup, unsweetened shredded coconut, hemp hearts, granola, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, etc. Enjoy!
- If you're looking for an easy nutrient-dense snack, this Antioxidant-Rich Beet & Berry Smoothie Bowl is full of healthy fats to promote satiety and enhance nutrient absorption.
Have you tried smoothie bowls before?
thick and creamy... and cheaper than store-bought!
Free Recipe: "How To Make Thick Raw Milk Yogurt"
Is it really possible to "eat what you want to eat" like bread and butter, cinnamon rolls and cookies, meat and potatoes...
Bible-based cooking program...
...yet it's GOOD for you?
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).