Do you love fast Instant Pot meals? I do!
It’s amazing what the Instant Pot can do in such a short amount of time. Cooking food to perfection while locking in flavor and nutrients? Yes, please!
I love that the Instant Pot can cook tougher meatsfaster than a slow cooker or Dutch oven. While larger cuts of meat like chuck roast or pork shoulder still take some time (usually an hour or a little more), the end result is amazing. Completely tender, falling apart meat — cooked twice as quickly.
And fish? Fish puts the icing on the cake! I've found that, depending on thickness, the Instant Pot cooks fish in about 3 to 5 minutes. The pot doesn't even take very long to come to pressure.
So, when I'm really short on time and can't cook a roast for dinner, I turn to salmon! It's a nourishing meal for any night of the week, yet fancy enough to serve to guests.
Instant Pot Lemon-Dill Salmon & Asparagus (grain-free, paleo, keto)
This Instant Pot Lemon-Dill Salmon & Asparagus cooks in minutes in your pressure cooker and is an easy weeknight meal that's also fancy enough for guests! You'll love this keto-friendly, grain-free, nourishing meal and side dish cooked in 1 pot!
- 1 cup pure water
- 3 to 5 large sprigs fresh herbs such as dill, parsley, basil, thyme, or tarragon
- 1 clove garlic fresh, crushed
- 1 pound wild-caught Alaskan salmon filet skin-on
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter ghee, or avocado oil + 2 tablespoons additional
- 1 teaspoon sea salt dividied
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or parsley, basil, thyme, or tarragon
- 6 to 7 thin slices organic lemon or orange
- 1 small bunch asparagus woody ends removed, cut in half or sliced into 1-1/2" pieces, cut on the bias
Add water, fresh dill, and crushed garlic to the pressure cooker insert pot. Then place trivet inside too, with the handles up.
Place salmon, skin side down, on top of the trivet.
If using butter or ghee, dot 1 tablespoon of the fat to the top of the salmon. If using avocado oil, drizzle over the filet.
Sprinkle filet with 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, garlic granules, and dried dill.
Top with lemon slices in a uniform layer.
Cover the pot, checking the seal and components to make sure all is well.
If using an electric cooker, set to high pressure for 4 minutes. If using a stove-top cooker, bring to high pressure and maintain for 4 minutes.
When cycle is complete, turn off (if electric cooker) or remove from heat (if stovetop cooker). Quick release pressure.
Remove the cooker lid, then very carefully, using oven mitts, remove the trivet from the pot. Set on plate and check filet for doneness.
If you desire a crispier salmon top, feel free to place the pieces under a hot broiler for about 1 to 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn!
Carefully lift the insert pot out of the cooker. Discard the remaining liquid and aromatics.
Return the insert pot to cooker. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of fat (butter, ghee, avocado oil).
If using an electric cooker such as the Instant Pot, press the "Saute" function. If using a stovetop cooker, place on burner over medium heat.
Once fat has melted, add asparagus. Stir occasionally for about 4 to 5 minutes until desired doneness. Season with remaining 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
Cut salmon into desired portions.
Serve immediately, with asparagus on the side. Garnish with more lemon slices, fresh herbs, shaved raw Parmesan, capers, or creamy herb sauce if desired!
- If you want to speed up the cooking process even more, add water to the insert pot of your cooker by itself before starting the recipe. If using an electric cooker such as the Instant Pot, press the "Saute" function. If using a stovetop cooker, place on burner over medium heat. Cover cooker so water doesn't evaporate. When you're ready to add salmon, add garlic and dill to the water -- it'll be hot and the pressure cooker will come to pressure even faster!
- Cook time varies depending on the thickness of your salmon. For a filet that's about 1" thick, cook for 4 minutes. If the salmon is thinner, adjust time to 3 minutes. If thicker, adjust time to 5 minutes.
Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes? Try these!
- 30 Gluten-Free Instant Pot Asian Recipes (Keto, Paleo, Whole30)
- 12 Healthy & Easy Leftover Chicken Recipes (Paleo, Keto, and Whole30).
What's your favorite fast and easy Instant Pot recipe?
just 12 minutes of cook time ... fluffy, delicious, and easy!
FREE Recipe:"Instant Pot Sourdough Cornbread"
Is it really possible to "eat what you want to eat" like bread and butter, cinnamon rolls and cookies, meat and potatoes...
Bible-based cooking program...
...yet it's GOOD for you?
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).