“How do I make coconut kefir?” is the question on today's #AskWardee. There are actually 3 varieties depending on what liquid and culture you choose. Do you know all 3?
Barbara R. asks:
“You mention in your book that someone can make coconut water kefir with milk kefir grains. Can you elaborate some more on it please? What are the quantities of ingredients, how many batches can I make with one set of milk kefir grains, etc. All that I should know about it.
I know that starter powder is more suited for that but I do have an abundance of milk kefir grains and using them for coconut water kefir seems like a good use of them. I think.
Would coconut water kefir made with milk kefir grains be as full of beneficial bacteria as a coconut water kefir made with the starter powder? Which version is healthier?”
Other Links Mentioned
- Organic Honeybush Tea (what I was drinking)
- FREE Beyond Off-Grid Online Conference (Nov 9-14)
- Water Kefir Grains from Cultures for Health
- Dairy Kefir Grains from Cultures for Health
- Allergy-Free Cooking eBook
- Allergy-Free Cooking eCourse (in Traditional Cooking School membership)
- CassieClouser.com (designer)
- Glow-Skincare.com (my friend who sent me the Honeybush tea)
What Is The #AskWardee Show?
The #AskWardee is the live weekly show devoted to answering your niggling questions about traditional cooking: whether it's your sourdough starter, your sauerkraut, preserving foods, broth, superfoods or anything else to do with Traditional Cooking or your GNOWFGLINS lifestyle.
I share tips and resources, plus answer your questions about Traditional Cooking!
When: Wednesdays at 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern
What If You Can't Make It?
Don't worry. You can catch the replays or listen to the podcast!
- Come back here to AskWardee.TV; all replays will be up within hours of airing live; the print notes are always posted at the same time I go live.
- Follow @TradCookSchool on Periscope or Traditional Cooking School on Facebook to view the replay.
- Subscribe to the #AskWardee podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, YouTube, or the Podcasts app. While you're there, be sure to leave a rating and review!
Want To Get YOUR Question Answered?
Here's how to submit your question. If we answer it on #AskWardee, you'll get a gift!
Or, you can…
- Tweet your question to @TradCookSchool on Twitter; use hashtag #AskWardee
- Send an email to wardee at AskWardee dot tv — add #AskWardee to your email so I know it's for the show
Please do NOT add future questions for #AskWardee to the comments of this post because they might get missed!
Have you made any coconut kefir or other fermented coconut beverage? What kind? How did it turn out? How did you like it?
Be sure to subscribe to my channel on YouTube! Go here to subscribe.
safe & delicious ferments!
Free "Fermenting Formulas" Cheat Sheet
Is it really possible to "eat what you want to eat" like bread and butter, cinnamon rolls and cookies, meat and potatoes...
Bible-based cooking program...
...yet it's GOOD for you?
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).