Are you watching your carbs?
Do you love #allthepumpkinthings?
You’ve come to the right place!
This round-up has amazingly delicious and nutritious pumpkin recipes… all of which are low-carb and Trim Healthy Mama-friendly (as S dishes), with some that are full-on keto.
Are Pumpkins Really Low-Carb?
Before we get to the actual low-carb pumpkin goodness, let’s establish why pumpkins can be considered low-carb.
Generally, we don’t think of pumpkins as a low-carb food because they are sweet and starchy.
According to My Fitness Pal, 1 cup of cooked pumpkin contains 12 grams of carbs. However, pumpkin is also considered a high-fiber food coming in at 2.7 grams of fiber for that same cup. You’ll notice that canned pumpkin may contain twice more fiber than homemade pumpkin puree. This is due to the manufacturing process of condensing the pumpkin to make it thicker for cakes and pies.
Like other types of winter squash, pumpkin is particularly rich in soluble fiber. This is the type of fiber that may help control blood glucose levels and keep you fuller longer. Additionally, pumpkin is also rich in Vitamins A, C, iron, potassium, magnesium, and other essential nutrients.
Due to all that fiber, pumpkins are actually a great option for low-carb folks. They are also highly versatile — you can use them in savory recipes such as soups and stews, as well as sweet treats like lattes and cheesecake.
Pumpkin is a wonderful fall staple that can be used in a myriad of ways while providing incredible nutrition to your table!
32 THM:S & Low-Carb Pumpkin Recipes
You’ll notice that most of the recipes below call for pumpkin purée. Although homemade is always the best option, canned or tetra-packed will work just as well. Just remember to read those labels to avoid added salt and other unwanted ingredients. Also, be sure you’re getting pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin — not pumpkin pie filling!
Low-Carb Pumpkin Sides & Salads
Image courtesy of The Paleo Mom.
- Pumpkin Avocado Feta Salad
- Low Carb Pumpkin Cauliflower Mash
- Roast Pumpkin & Halloumi Salad
- Low Carb Pumpkin Sage Courgetti
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Wedges
- Bacon Wrapped Spiced Pumpkin — Simply skip the maple syrup or use a sugar-free variety.
Low-Carb Pumpkin Soups & Stews
Image courtesy of The Castaway Kitchen.
- Pumpkin Seafood Chowder — Skip the sugar or use monk fruit.
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup — Skip the carrots to keep the carb count low.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- Keto Curried Squash Soup (Whole30)
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Chicken Curry
- Turkey Sausage, Kale and Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Pumpkin Chili
Looking for more chili recipes? Try these 20 Best Chili Recipes made in the Crockpot, Instant Pot or Stovetop!
Low-Carb Pumpkin Main Course
Image courtesy of Raising Generation Nourished.
- Stuffed Pumpkin — Use cauliflower in place of rice, or simply omit the rice altogether.
- Slow Cooker Chipotle Pumpkin Chicken
- Savory Pumpkin Casserole
Low-Carb Pumpkin Desserts
Image courtesy of Whole New Mom.
- Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie Recipe — Use nut milk to keep it low carb.
- Healthy Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chilled Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding — Use low carb maple syrup.
- Low-Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Custard
- Pumpkin Cookie Cake with Spiced Chocolate Drizzle
Low-Carb Pumpkin Drinks
Image courtesy of Prepare & Nourish.
- Pumpkin Bulletproof Coffee Latte
- Green Pumpkin Pie Smoothie — Skip the Medjool dates. I’m sure they won’t be missed, between the sweet pumpkin and a bit of stevia!
- Low Carb 2-Minute Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Low-Carb Pumpkin Other Recipes
Image courtesy of Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom.
- Keto Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- Lacto-Fermented Pumpkin with Cardamom
- Spiced Paleo Pumpkin Bread — This savory bread will complement a bowl of soup!
- Pumpkin Pie Granola
- Savory Pumpkin Spice Dip
Do you have any favorite low-carb pumpkin recipes to share?
...without giving up the foods you love or spending all day in the kitchen!
2 free books:
Eat God's Way
Ditch the Standard American Diet, get healthier & happier, and save money on groceries...
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).