Looking for healthy and delicious carrot recipes, from side dishes like cinnamon glazed carrots to dessert?
Time to dress up the lowly root vegetable. This well-rounded collection of healthy carrot recipes will have you swooning!
To help you find the recipes that suit your dietary needs, I've listed each recipe with some or all of the following dietary categories: Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Paleo, GAPS, Whole30, AIP, Primal, Low Carb, and Keto. Keep in mind that anything Keto normally qualifies as THM:S, as well.
From breakfast muffins to wholesome cabbage rolls to refreshing carrot smoothies, these are all real food recipes that I'm comfortable serving my family.
Please note that low carb carrot recipes are few and far between because this root vegetable is high in natural sugar and healthy carbs. This roundup however, does include a few low carb carrot recipes (i.e., Moist Sugar-Free Carrot Cake) that you might enjoy!
Breakfast & Brunch
Image courtesy of Strength & Sunshine.
Starting the day with veggies has never been easier (or tastier). These breakfast and brunch ideas can also be used as a healthy snack mid-day.
As all recipes in this round-up, these are gluten-free and real food.
- Carrot and Zucchini Fritters — Gluten-free, Dairy-free
- Carrot Cake Energy Bites — Paleo, GAPS
- Morning Glory Granola — Paleo, GAPS
- Carrot and Broccoli Chips — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Dehydrated Carrot Pulp Crackers — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Carrot Cake Quinoa Flakes — Gluten-free, Dairy-free
- Spicy Curry Oven-Baked Carrot Fries — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- “Everything but the Kitchen Sink” Breakfast Cookies — Paleo, GAPS
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal — Gluten-free, Dairy-free
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Bake — Paleo
Soups & Stews
Image courtesy of 24 Carrot Kitchen.
What better way to warm up than a hearty bowl of healthy soup? Sometimes the most nourishing recipes are the easiest!
Some of these are simply roasted carrots with a few special ingredients, while others are a bit more involved.
Still other recipes include my favorite kitchen appliance… the Instant Pot! Regardless, all these are nourishing and healthy carrot soups and stews.
- Turmeric Carrot Soup — Paleo
- Instant Pot Carrot Kheer — Paleo
- Roasted Carrot and Ginger Soup — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Creamy Carrot Soup with Bacon — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30, AIP
- Instant Pot Thai Carrot Soup — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Super Simple Roasted Carrot Soup — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Poached Chicken and Winter Vegetable Soup — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Gingered Carrot Soup — Paleo
- Instant Pot Creamy Fall Harvest Soup — Paleo, Whole30
Healthy Carrot Side Dishes & Salads
Image courtesy of Whole New Mom.
Add some color to your plate with healthy side dishes or salads featuring carrots! Enjoy these recipes as a light lunch (i.e., Lox Layered Salad or Probiotic Chicken Salad), or as more of a condiment (i.e., Fermented Carrot Sticks).
- Rosemary Roasted Beets and Carrots — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Fermented Carrots — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Rainbow Carrot Salad with Cilantro and Garlic — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Cinnamon Glazed Carrots — Paleo
- Roasted Carrots with Garlic — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Carrot Salad with Turmeric Coconut Manna Dressing — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30, AIP
- Moroccan Carrots — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Roasted Baby Carrots with Honey and Ginger — GAPS, Paleo
- Lox Layered Salad with Salmon and Root Vegetables — Paleo, Whole30
- Ginger Lime Carrot Noodles — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Probiotic Chicken Potato Salad — Paleo, Whole30
- Zesty Carrot and Jicama Slaw — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- 5 Simple Fermented Carrot Sticks Recipes — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Carrot Raisin Salad with Ginger — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30 if honey omitted
Entrees & Main Dishes
Image courtesy of Prepare & Nourish.
The heart of the meal is right here. Your favorite entrees and main dishes… but loaded with nutrition and healthy ingredients!
Enjoy these as-is (because they already have a hefty amount of veggies) or add another healthy side or salad to them.
- Skillet Artichoke Chicken with Carrot Puree — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Egg Roll in a Bowl — Paleo, Low Carb, Whole30, AIP
- One Pot Mac-n-Cheese with Carrot Puree — Gluten-free, Dairy-free
- Carrot Fettuccini — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Easy One Pan Roasted Chicken with Citrus Beets — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Lazy Cabbage Rolls — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Sweet No-Potato Casserole — Paleo, GAPS
- Vegetarian Power Bowl — Gluten-free, Dairy-free
Sweets & Desserts
Image courtesy of My Heart Beets.
These real food carrot dessert recipes are the cherry on top of an already delicious carrot roundup.
Since “sweets” aren't generally allowed on Whole30, you won't find any “Whole30” desserts here. However, if you are on a long-term, healing diet plan such as GAPS, or a lifestyle diet such as Paleo, there's plenty of health-ified carrot recipes for your palate.
- Carrot Cinnamon Frozen Yogurt — GAPS, Primal
- Sugar Free Carrot Cake — Low Carb, Paleo
- Carrot Cake Zucchini Muffins — Paleo, Low Carb, Keto
- Healthier Carrot Sheet Cake — Paleo if cream cheese frosting is NOT used on cake
- Low Carb Carrot Cake — Keto, Low Carb
- Paleo Carrot Mug Cake — Paleo, GAPS
- Carrot Pineapple Muffins — Paleo, GAPS
- Instant Pot Indian Carrot Pudding — Paleo if coconut sugar and coconut milk are used
- Healthier Carrot Cake Cupcakes — Paleo, GAPS
- Carrot and Parsnip Cake — GAPS
- Instant Pot Keto Carrot Cake — Low Carb, Keto
- Paleo Cardamom Carrot Muffins — Paleo, GAPS
Drinks & Smoothies
Image courtesy of Eat Beautiful.
Lastly, these real food carrot drinks and smoothies are a perfect way to start or end the day.
Some are more “fun” while others are deeply nutritious (but still yummy), so there's something for everyone here!
- Carrot, Apple and Turmeric Smoothie — Paleo, GAPS
- Immune Boosting Citrus Ginger Smoothie — Paleo, GAPS
- Carrot Milkshake with Ginger, Turmeric and Cinnamon — Paleo, GAPS, AIP, Whole30
- Carrot Apple Ginger Juice — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Morning Glory Smoothie — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Carrot Orange Smoothie — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
- Grapefruit Carrot Juice — Paleo, GAPS, Whole30
Do you have any favorite carrot recipes? Which one will you try first? I'm thinking either moist sugar-free carrot cake… or cinnamon glazed carrots! Yum!
We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a purchase (though your price is the same).